e28jay

1974 BMW 2002 with a 2002tii motor now on eBay

5 posts / 1019 viewsLast Reply

Price: $100

Description:

My brother is selling his 1974 BMW 2002 with a 2002tii motor in it. The car is very complete but it has been sitting since around 1991 and also has a salvage title. My brothers and I can't recall why it was salvaged. This car has been in my family since I was a child and my brother had hopes of restoring it one day but plans have changed. It is located in Castro Valley, CA if anyone would like to come see it in person. 

https://ebay.us/YEbGay 

Lali01.jpg

Lali02.jpg

lali03.jpg

(edited)

That was a comprehensive “tii conversion”: the car has the tii airbox brackets on the left inner fender, a tii firewall notch, and a tii clock. I cannot tell if the struts and front brakes are tii units but, somehow, I suspect they might be. The presence of the tii airbox, in its correct tii location, certainly suggests the brake booster is a tii unit as well.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

I just could not get away to go see these cars. Surely if I had one of them would become a nice car again.  

As far as I know it is sold.  The buyer is picking up both the beige 74 tii VIN  and this silver car together on Saturday.  Sounds like a possible vin/chassis swap is in it's future.  I would keep an eye on 2782573 for future reference.  

but what do I know 

• Like 1