• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 with a 2002tii motor now on eBay

e28jay

Price: $100

Description:

My brother is selling his 1974 BMW 2002 with a 2002tii motor in it. The car is very complete but it has been sitting since around 1991 and also has a salvage title. My brothers and I can't recall why it was salvaged. This car has been in my family since I was a child and my brother had hopes of restoring it one day but plans have changed. It is located in Castro Valley, CA if anyone would like to come see it in person. 

https://ebay.us/YEbGay 

Lali01.jpg

Lali02.jpg

lali03.jpg

88 535is

74 2002tii Project

• 3 weeks later...

That was a comprehensive “tii conversion”: the car has the tii airbox brackets on the left inner fender, a tii firewall notch, and a tii clock. I cannot tell if the struts and front brakes are tii units but, somehow, I suspect they might be. The presence of the tii airbox, in its correct tii location, certainly suggests the brake booster is a tii unit as well.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I just could not get away to go see these cars. Surely if I had one of them would become a nice car again.  

As far as I know it is sold.  The buyer is picking up both the beige 74 tii VIN  and this silver car together on Saturday.  Sounds like a possible vin/chassis swap is in it's future.  I would keep an eye on 2782573 for future reference.  

but what do I know 

• Like 1

But what do I know