• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bavaria control arms questions

I have done this. 

Yes, it's good for about 3+ degrees camber, and several degrees of caster,

if you use the 2002 radius rods.  

It was a very good inexpensive modification for a race car on radials.

As to wheel clearance, it eats up a little, but since it's pushing the bottom out,

it's not a lot.  Also, since the wheel moves forward significantly, you eliminate the 

problems of wheels hitting the inner floor at full lock.  Now they hit the nose, instead.

I liked it.  It made me faster.  It didn't cost much.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

This is great.  to me that sounds like bavaria LCA's and adjustable camber plates will get me in the -3.5deg range.  cool. 

2nd question, if i'm going w/ adjustable camber plates, do i need to go to coilovers or will std. dia springs work?  i've got some really stiff one on currently (from P.O.) that i don't want to change quite yet.  first thought for me was some camber / caster and then start worrying about spring rates / etc.. etc... 

thanks

12 minutes ago, slowpoke said:

This is great.  to me that sounds like bavaria LCA's and adjustable camber plates will get me in the -3.5deg range.  cool. 

2nd question, if i'm going w/ adjustable camber plates, do i need to go to coilovers or will std. dia springs work?  i've got some really stiff one on currently (from P.O.) that i don't want to change quite yet.  first thought for me was some camber / caster and then start worrying about spring rates / etc.. etc... 

thanks

There isn’t much room to adjust camber plates with the OE diameter springs and hats before the upper hat contacts the strut tower. The KMAC adjustable mounts will work on a Bilstein Sport strut, I tried it, but didn’t bother getting it aligned as it was clear I didn’t net anything more than you’d get with the IE fixed plates.

That said, you can get a few tenths adjustment range in either direction with the KMAC camber plates, so maybe they could help to even out camber and caster left to right if your car has taken a bump or two like mine.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel