• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber ?

rcf925

I'm in the process of rebuilding a pair of Bologna Weber DCOE15 & 16   I need a starting point to set floats, I've read 12,13 or 14mm  What is the consensus around here. Also since one is a 15 the other a 16 which one goes to the front 2 cylinders. I guess the old BMW TI race cars used this set up

Weber dcoe15.jpg

15 in the front, 16 in the rear. 

Ideally, you set the float level by running the car, turning it off abruptly, pulling an emulsion tube from each carb, and measuring down from the carb top to the fuel level. Should be 22.5mm (?) if memory serves. 

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

8 minutes ago, williamggruff said:

15 in the front, 16 in the rear. 

Ideally, you set the float level by running the car, turning it off abruptly, pulling an emulsion tube from each carb, and measuring down from the carb top to the fuel level. Should be 22.5mm (?) if memory serves. 

I think it's more like 25 mm, but YMMV.

12 hours ago, Goner said:

I have a set of these 15/16's. Are one of your velocity stacks shorter then the rest? On the set that I have 1 of the stacks is about an inch shorter. 

I just measured all my stacks,  All the same length 3-3/8" on the short side as they all have a slight maybe 10 to 15 degree angle 

4 hours ago, Hans said:

8.5 to start. With gasket. Try to get reading off bowl, not the seam.

Thanks for the help

12 minutes ago, rcf925 said:

I just measured all my stacks,  All the same length 3-3/8" on the short side as they all have a slight maybe 10 to 15 degree angle 

Thanks for the help

Thanks for taking a look. Here is a pic of the stacks I have. 

IMG_20181220_204040.jpg