• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NW Houston TX '74 2002 pre-purchase inspection?

BarrettN

Hello all - I'm new to 2002s, but not to BMWs. Was getting an emissions inspection done on my daily driver in NW Houston, noticed a 74 2002 back in a field - asked about it, they're claiming it was abandoned by the owner, it's theirs due to the storage costs. Can anyone suggest a person capable of doing an inspection on it - in place? They said it needs driveshafts, but that otherwise it runs. With just a cursory looking at it it looked pretty clean. I know there's may ways a car of this age could need a lot of work, so I'm interested in someone who'd be able to give me an expert opinion. Too far away to convince Terry Sather to come look at it, I need the NW Houston equivalent of him . I hope cross posting this in the Texas forum also doesn't get me in trouble here, but there wasn't much activity in that forum.

Thanks,

Barrett

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

^ lol the link is actually a search link which google does based on your location, so for me it finds the shop in Houston, for you it finds the shop in Portland!!!.

I replaced the link with a direct link. You are correct with the Houston website.

• Haha 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.