• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BFG 205/60r13’s

Are these a recently re-introduced item?

I could swear these weren’t available not too long ago. 

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=Radial+T%2FA&partnum=06SR3RADTARWLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I know T/A’s aren’t really considered a “performance” tire anymore, but maybe a good option for those who want the look, without going Federals or RA-1

PS So far I like my Federals, everyone says they’re no Toyo, but fortunately I’ve never had those so I don’t know the difference. 

• Like 1

Yea. They just recently introduced that 205/60r13 in the US. I think it was only available outside of the US for a while.

The price is tempting for a set of four. I’d consider them if I wasn’t running a staggered setup with CN36 tires up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I had an old set of those off a parts car.

I used them for sliding around in the wet- they weren't good when new,

and did not age well!  I hope they've improved their rubber formula...

Toyo makes some real junk, too- I currently have 4 examples of said junk

on the ti I got from Jim P.  

The old Federals that CAME on the 318i 10 years ago are still better in the wet than 

either the Toyos or the T/A's.

t

misses the S03's

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Heck, I miss the Yokohama Y351...not to mention the Comp T/A.  Nothing like tires rated for 30 mph faster than the car's capable of...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

9 hours ago, TobyB said:

Toyo makes some real junk, too- I currently have 4 examples of said junk

on the ti I got from Jim P.  

Surprised to hear that. The Toyo RA-1 is very popular at my local auto-x. I ended going the SS595 Federal (Legends tire) due to the better life and better wet than the Toyo. 

Yeah, "eclipse" or something similar.  I can get the ti sideways at 20.  I would rate it at 'significantly dangerous'-

or slightly worse than a cold RR in a full downpour.  At night, in Portland International.

The RA-1 isn't a bad rain tire at all.

What I get for buying at Schwabby,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL