• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World Famous Pomona Swap meet. Any BMW interest?

vinceg14

https://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/

I enjoy this still and go about 3 times a year. It is a shame the euro section has no more Porsche, BMW or any other make except the Air Cooled VW crowd.  VW by the way has a huge following and the people use the car selling section  as a meet up place. BBQs, cars in different states and styles of restoration or modification. 

I also like this kind of buying for parts and i would think a few others would too. I am parting a 1982 Sahara beige 320 i , 5 speed with 160k in good shape and a 1970 1602, 4 speed with surface rust and bad rust on both rear fenders. I am partnering with a friend who has Porsche parts and will be selling at Pomona in the future.  My goal is to fund the 1975 2002 rebuild i am working on and to also buy parts others may bring, have a place to meet up and see some BMW's.   

Any one else interested or is a case of The internet killed the German auto parts swap meet?

Thanks, but like all enthusiastic middle age people I am in denial about this type of parts shopping being of no interest to anyone. 20 million people here in S.C, that placed is packed with Hot Rods, old American iron and VW's. Feels like 25k people are their every 6 weeks. No Porsche parts, a few cars for sale and Zero BMW's most of the time. It probably felt like this to those used saddle shops when the horse was being phased out. 

I'll be there! ( unless it rains ) 

My buddy has a Caddy truck and we might caravan but its a 3 hour treck for us. 

I have been going since i was 16 building my 65 impala

a ton of VW and Chevy / Ford parts

not too much luck finding BMW parts - I did score some hub caps and a "2002" badge

I wont be at this one due to the huge Porsche swap at the Phoenix club in Anaheim at the same time. I have a few left over parts from the old 911/914 days. 

I am going to set up at the next one April 15th.  I will have 1602, 2002, 323i, parts and a few new parts.  I will post a sample list just before the event. Happy Hunting 

• 1 month later...

Yes , I'll be selling there , as I've retired from the auto resto business I'm selling off the parts I have left , I might even take some 2002 parts 

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I will be going but not selling other than a few items. I plan on selling after I complete the tear downs I am doing. Octoberish. 

I have 4 blue seats from a 1970 1602. Euro 323i e21 bumper sets, ronal 320i rear rubber spoiler, 2002 turbo flares,  a enkie 92 15 x7 wheels. I will post pictures tonight.