• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heading to TX soon!

Chamonix72

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I am headed (back) to Texas after 9 years in the Pacific Northwest. Moving to be closer to my mom, who is all alone down there. My wife and I will be living in the Austin area, and we are having our 2002 and our Chevy C10 p/u shipped to us. Looking forward to getting out and making some new friends!

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Look forward to meeting you!  Out ATX 2002 and Classic BMW Cars & Coffee is the 3rd Saturday morning of each month.  We also tend to meet for lunch once a month.  Typically on a sandwich Thursday 2 weeks after our C&C.

Greg Resa

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Terry Sayther's Spring 02berfest is at the end of March.  This years Spring 02berfest is scheduled for March 22nd -25th.  A caravan of 02s and various vintage BMW's will leave Terry's shop in South Austin on Thursday, March 25th and head out to Fredericksburg.  Friday will consist of taking in some sites, museums and lunch. I assume that Saturday will start with the group breakfast at the Hanger Diner followed with a sweet drive through the Hill Country, lunch and back to the hotel.  The Peach Tree Inn is "headquarters" and has rooms blocked.  Last Fall all blocked rooms were accounted for and 02rs had to use other hotels.  Some 02rs have been known to drive out early Saturday morning and make a day of it.

The Fall 02berfest is the last weekend of October and will have the same 3 day set up unless Terry decides to change it up.  Last Fall's event had a big showing and was a fantastic time!

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

That sounds like a good time for sure. Once again, if we can swing it, we will. First priority once we get there is finding a house, so weekends might be a little tight. Also, days off are at premium for my wife. Maybe we can make Saturday's fun. But we might have to wait until fall. Hopefully things will have settled down by then. 

-David

We are trying to stay in Round Rock or Pflugerville. Those are most convenient to my office and for heading down to SA to see my mom on a regular basis. We're considering Manor too, but....meh... 

Part of me thinks I should have just kept my house when I moved up here. But then it only had a tiny one car garage and was only 2 bedroom. But I could have sold it for a mint and we could have bought something else. Oh well....c'est la vie.

-David

• 1 month later...

Excellent!!

Our C&C is Saturday morning at Mozart's / Hula Hut parking lot.  Hope you can make it.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors