• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Potential drive for Houston '02s (and anyone else who wants to join)

kaptanoglu

Let's do a drive

I would like to get the Houston-based '02s (and anyone else who would like to join) out for a one-day drive in late May or early June (targeting May 27, 28 or June 3 or 4). I would like to put together a 3 - 5 hour loop through some of the country roads N and W of Houston, with a lunch break in the middle.

So, please do me a few favors:
- Let me know if one day is better (or worse) than the others
- Let me know roads that would be good choices for the route
- Let me know who we might want to reach out to to join in

- Let me know if it would be more (or less) fun to make it a poker rally or just keep it a group drive

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

Ping me when this gets locked down, perhaps some of the Austin crew can meet in the middle for lunch?  I know we've been talking about this for a few weeks.  Rudy has made our monthly C&C several times and we'd like to head y'all's direction to return the favor.  

Ed Z

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

I'm with Ed, would love to set it up where we can get some of us ATX area 02rs to meet yall H-Town 02rs somewhere in the middle.  Heck, I know Rudy would even be open to meeting at his warehouse and give everyone a tour of his 02 and Porsche collection.  I work every other Saturday night so as long as the drive falls on a Saturday I don't work I'd be in.  Below is my contact info;

Greg Resa

greg.resa@gmail.com

cell  512-680-6159

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2017 at 11:24 AM, kaptanoglu said:

Let's do a drive

Is this happening?

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

22 hours ago, zinz said:

Is this happening?

Ed

I think I would like to push it out to early Fall.  I haven't been able to do proper route planning yet, and don't want a fiasco.  Let's start looking at late Sept/early Oct that doesn't conflict with Terry's Fall drive.

J

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors