• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - S14 and/or all parts required for M2 Swap

ogryry

I've debated for some time now: what would be the ideal engine conversion for my 2002 project? An M20 would be fun but I keep coming back to the S14 and have finally decided to pull the trigger! Now, to find a motor....

Hoping to find a complete, running, pretty near to stock engine with all necessary goodies but will entertain any option. Fingers crossed... :-)

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/5935780802.html

NM/NA.

Good price, I think.

Cheers,

But for a running engine, need throttle bodies, air box (of some kind), engine management, starter, alternator, etc.), add $1500-$2000.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

4 minutes ago, jimk said:

But for a running engine, need throttle bodies, air box (of some kind), engine management, starter, alternator, etc.), add $1500-$2000.

If that engine is built properly that's still a great deal.  You can spend way more sourcing all the bits and pieces and doing a rebuild after buying a donor for $5k+ if you can find one.  They key is the "if" with the build.  Any S14 M2 project will drain your wallet faster than a cocaine habit.

70 M2 2.5L 

At the price of an S14 these days it may be a better tactic to buy a complete car with a good running S14 for your swap  Then you put your M10 or whatever into the donor car and recapture some of your costs

The economics look better  but you have to do a little more work  There is, or was a S14 converted  Malaga Tii in Colorado with an asking price of $19,000 for example

Good luck in your search