• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 1976 BMW 2002 Front and Rear seats

Datsuntravis

Looking for some 2002 seats.  I am in the process of purchasing a 1976 and I would like the correct seats.  It comes with two new cheap racing seats that have hardly been used.  Hoping to find something in between St. Louis, MO and Denver, CO.

Color is not critical, and they certainly do not have to be perfect. 

Regards,

Travis

1975 and 1976 seats are identical.  Early e21's seats are actually the same frames and design but with slightly different covers (4 pleats in the central seating area versus 6 pleats on 1975-76 '02 seats).  Here are the original 1975-76 seats in the 1975-76 brochure.

Regards,

Steve

IMG_2871.JPG

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

9 minutes ago, Conserv said:

1975 and 1976 seats are identical.  Early e21's seats are actually the same frames and design but with slightly different covers.  Here are the original 1975-76 seats in the 1975-76 brochure.

Regards,

Steve

IMG_2871.JPG

Thanks, those are what I'm looking for.  Now i've just got to find some. 

it shouldn't be too difficult to find some good cores, they do come up for sale fairly often still. However, having just redone mine, be prepared to spend more than you would on an excellent set of Recarros if you are using all OEM parts. The horsehair pads are over a Grand for all 4 and the about that for the covers as well (I'd recommend GAHH) then you have install them or have an upholsterer do it. I took my time (sort of) and found some of the stuff on sale so it helped a bit, but I still shake my head at the total expense sometimes. Of course there are ways to cut the expenses, i.e. use modern foam instead of horsehair and buy the cheaper eBay seat covers. It all depends on you goal.

Also, I'm pretty sure 2002ad (www.2002ad.com) in Cali sell at least the cores and I think even they have a whole package with the covers and everything you need. Shipping is a bit steep if your not close however.

Here are mine redone:

f410e87ca2bc8af818d0e840b8748ec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1969 2002 Granada, 2nd owner

1976 2002 Fjordblau (owned 10 years)

A few steering wheels

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have a full set of navy blue seats. The fronts would need seat covers or need to be refinished, the rear is in good shape. I'm located in Washington but could ship via greyhound. I sent a set of Recaros to souther California for 80 dollars shipping. So I don't see shipping being more than 150ish. They're just sitting in my garage so I'd sell the whole set for a good price.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Blake Nelson

503-819-9657

Pacific Northwest (Portland)

1976 2002 - 1981 320i

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2017 at 6:08 PM, BlakeNelsonJr said:

Hello, I have a full set of navy blue seats. The fronts would need seat covers or need to be refinished, the rear is in good shape. I'm located in Washington but could ship via greyhound. I sent a set of Recaros to souther California for 80 dollars shipping. So I don't see shipping being more than 150ish. They're just sitting in my garage so I'd sell the whole set for a good price.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BlakeNelsonJr: Do you still have the seats?