• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lock button rod orientation

pklym

I am trying to seal up one of my doors after doing a lot of work inside the panels and I realize I did not mark which rod was for the driver's side and which is for the passenger side. The one I thought was for the driver's side bends in a way that seems counter intuitive to me, so I think I may have them mixed up. I believe the rod "hooks" towards the outside so that the long end is on the interior side with the short hook on the exterior side (I base this off of Clay's picture, below).

But then should I be using the rod that bends towards the front of the car or the one that bends towards the back? I want to seal up the door with plastic sheeting before mounting the panel so I don't really want to guess and check. Hoping to get this done this afternoon.

Thanks!

IMG_0831_zpsb4b5e9ca.jpg

If you haven't done so already, replace the grommet that fits in the hole where that rod goes and the two that fit on the rod from the inner door handle to the door latch mechanism.  Makes the door latch movement feel much better.

Part #  51216442159, three needed

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

Get some grommets from Blunt for the eyelets. You will be glad you did as they remove a big source of rattling in the door and remove some of the lost motion when you open the door etc

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Thanks guys, I've got all the grommets. The last thing holding me up is the stupid outer window felt. I had read about a spitfire part that would work for cheaper but once I received it, it appears to be for the door panel side. I bent the trim pretty bad with impatience so I am going to just order the new whole shebang instead. At least I can get the inside put back together in the meantime.