• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carbureted S14 By Doug Riparetti

Left my house at 9:40 yesterday morning, home by 6:pm with the motor in the car, and the trailer parked out front. 

I would like to give special thanks to, Lewis Hernandez for the extra hand, Buddy Barreto for the use of his garage/shop, tools, lunch and photography, and my brother John Riparetti (John's in the blue and black flannel shirt), the master mind and driving force behind this project. 

S14 Install #1.JPG

S14 Install #2.JPG

S14 Install #3.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #1.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #2.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #3.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #4.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #5.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #6.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #7.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #8.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #9.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #10.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #11.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #12.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #13.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #14.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #15.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #16.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #17.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #18.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #19.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #20.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #21.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #22.JPG

Doug's S14 swap Oct 1st 2016  #23.JPG

S14 Intake Adapter #1.jpg

S14 Intake Adapter #2.jpg

S14 Intake Adapter #3.PNG

S14 Intake Adapter #4.PNG

S14 Intake Adapter #5.PNG

S14 Intake Adapter #6.PNG

S14 Intake Adapter #7.JPG

S14 Motor.PNG

Edited by Doug Riparetti

I like the one where you are underneath the car about in the middle of the car looking up at it. You look like WTH now!  Awesome job and good to see you smiling all the way through. Looks like your back held up okay. Good to have the lift, that helps the back a lot.

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

Smiles all day long, back is sore, just trying to power through it, resting now,

My brother has some machine work to do to the "trigger wheel", he has to jig it up in the lathe, he does not think it's true, There's a high sport on one of the tooth, he's not comfortable that wheel is perfectly round, John does not want to get a false reading on the "air gap"..

Yeah me too. My goal is to make it there, we'll see how the next several days go. I have to modify the battery box too, it's in the path of the "Turbo" radiator. I don't want to put the battery in the trunk, I have the 20-gallon fuel cell back there. So I'm gonna run a smaller size battery. I have a LONG punch list before it'll fire up. I was shooting for Tuesday night, I think it more the latter part of the week.

My build was not to do what every other "02" owner has done with their S14 swap.

Besides that, both my brother an I have been running with the (4)-round slide motorcycle carbs on 4-cylinders circle track cars dating back to 1997. I'm just going with something we're use to tuning.

Who know's, we might surprise you with the results. After it's been adjusted, we'll put it on a chassis dyno. Stay tuned....

16 hours ago, Doug Riparetti said:

My brother has some machine work to do to the "trigger wheel", he has to jig it up in the lathe,

If you are not using a genuine EMI wheel, the knock offs do not have what EMI wants in the missing teeth section root profile.  The knock offs are best used with Hall effect sensors, while EMI originated with VR sensors,  Top End sells knock offs, as I was sold one from them advertised as an Electromotive product and they refunded the cost when I caught it.

EMI says that with the incorrect missing teeth section profile, the system has trouble recognizing the first tooth following the missing teeth section.

BTW the BMW wheels on the M20s and others follow the EMI profile, because EMI had the patent and there must have been a licensing thing with EMI.  BMW uses VR sensors also.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.