• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French H4 Bulb Covers

bluebmw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, TG2k2 said:

@bluebmw: I am interested in these but I have one question. Will these have any impact (negative or positive) on the effectiveness of the headlights?

It will cut out the blue frequencies and make your lights a little dimmer, more yellow (obviously), and aesthetically very classic European.

Here's a great explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_yellow

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

Thank you for following up. I figured they'd dim the headlights out a bit so no surprise there. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to make them drastically less effective. After all, one thing I never heard an 02 owner say is, "My headlights are way too bright." [emoji2] Sounds like these are a very small price to pay for European-period-correctness.

Thank you for offering these. You always seem to have those little things that make a big difference to our 02s. I'll PM you separately with my order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...