• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's 4pm EST, do you know where your 02 is?

Mars

Random pic of the day. Just sharing. I was cleaning up my archive of pics last night which I hadn't looked through in a very long time and came across many great events and memories. Here are two teasers. See if you can identify which events and whether or not your car is in there! :) Enjoy.

001.jpg.jpg

002.jpg.jpg

Mars

I know where the second picture was taken   That was at the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Festival in 2007    BMW was the featured Marque and 02 friends came from a long way away for that    Bo Black, Chris (Skip) Leonard, Keith Kreeger, Jack Frederick, Chris Issacson, Aubrey Hall, Bill Williams, Humberto Marti, Mike Leeper, David Roach, and of course your self and me      I am sure I am forgetting many others   Hard to believe it has been 9 years  

Hope all is well    

Mike,

I don't know how you stay so sharp and remember all that. I'm only a few years behind you and my brain is a sieve. But you are correct. Watkins Glen, 2007 touring with friends.

John, I have tons of pics from all the events I used to attend and the websites I used to maintain. I will find a few more and post them. That second event is 02 Fest East 13th annual event at Limerock in CT.  It is Formula one season again so I can be found up there around memorial day and also at Formula 4 events...

Good times...

These pictures are from the former owner of my tii (Jeremy Davenport). First pic are the 73 and 72 tii's he owned at the same time.

PICT12801.jpg

PICT2733.jpg

02FEST2005PANOleft.jpg

02FEST2005PANOright.jpg

02fest_east2004_049_sized.jpg

02fest_east2004_073_sized.jpg

02fest_east2004_119_sized.jpg

Creighton Demerest's  (C.Diesel) ride

02fest_east2004_138_sized.jpg

My tii

02festeast10.jpg

02festeast11.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

jgerock,

awesome. those are actually some of my pics I took back then. I was just looking through them. I used to post them on a website gallery where folks could grab them. so you just saved me from having to upload. lol. Sweet. Problem is when I retired my webserver I just downloaded all my pics to one main folder and now I have to sort through thousands of them.  Here is one more from the 2004 event at Limerock. shameless plug for my own Tii back then. :)

limerock2004- 058.jpg

MARS!
Hey man it's great to see you still have the 02 pics and think fondly of those days. Everyday I walk past the Sturdy picture I got from you and think about you often. Fingers crossed that you get back into it sooner vs. later.

The kids still ask 'So Dad...Your friend Mars Mann...Is that his real name or what his 'car guys' call him...His first name is really Mars? Really?' and the conversation always ends with "Man, that Mars Mann friend of yours really has the coolest name.." LOL!

We miss you buddy!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0