• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 aluminum gas pedals & brake fluid reservoir

Dylanhat

So, I was super excited that this reservoir was offered again as I had stumbled onto Tailored's website a month ago and he was out of stock. I jumped at the chance to own one, especially after seeing the pics as I really dig items like this.

Well, I received it today and am let down a bit. The tank is not polished whatsoever. The welds look a bit hurried and lumpy in a few spots. The polished, vented cap advertised on NM's website is not there. Instead a solid, non vented black aluminum cap that honestly sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl sits atop the can. Everything else seems "ok", but I was truly expecting what I saw on the website that I purchased it from

I won't usually be harsh about stuff like this, but the product received def did not match that which was advertised. I'm still going to install it, don't get me wrong. Luckily I have a friend is the end-all polish guru. But I do feel like this run of the product may have been tossed together quickly to bang out a few bucks. Time will tell if it holds up like I expect it to.

Again, sorry to be a buzzkill.

Edited by project-jaw

Andrew,  I actually have not contacted the seller yet.  Should I have done that first?  Probably so, in retrospect.  But, I'm still going to use the product, and am not looking for a refund.  Maybe I did have a knee-jerk reaction.  For that I apologize.  Look at it as more of a review of the product, and maybe that will paint it in a bit of a better light.  I know I'm new to the community here, and I truly don't mean to make waves.  I have sent an email to the guys at NM letting know of my issues, and also apologizing for posting here first instead of letting them know.  

Edit - For some reason I'm having an issue trying to post pictures, but at this point I think I'll wait until later for that.

Edited by project-jaw