• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Fuseboxes // Infinity Box

math labs

Hey guys, just wanted to start a discussion in regards to aftermarket fuseboxes and hoping to find out if anyone has more info on Infinity Boxes.

Long story short, my 1973 was outfitted with an ugly Ford fusebox, it works but it is in an inconvenient location.

I'm looking to add some functionalities also, but nothing beyond the scope of getting power to telemetry and data logging sensors.

I've done a search and a good handful of guys recommend this style fusebox; https://www.hotrodhotline.com/content/ez-wiring-most-popular-full-size-fuses-and-fuse-box#.VpZ3kcArK34

But I'm hoping to get something with more flexibility; http://infinitybox.com/can-bus-system-products/

I spoke with Jay the owner at SEMA and seemed like a super helpful guy and what I took away from his explanation was that it cleans up the wiring a ton and the Mosfet relays replace the traditional relays in our cars (not that mine have failed yet)

Anyone have experience with Infinity Box?

SFO - NRT - LAX

That's amazing! (Infinitybox) I was looking at aftermarket fusebox options as well as oem BMW ones three years ago when I rewired my '02 and settled on the stock box with tyco relays removing load from most switches.

The beauty in the infinitybox is that you can just wire your switches into the box and then program the outputs. You just need to make sure that you have enough inputs and outputs available for everything you want to wire up and you know exactly how you want everything to work.

Spinning the old ceramic fuses regularly (to re-establish a circuit on the original 02 fuse boxes) is one of my fetishes. I don't know what I'd do with a modern fuse box like that. I'd feel lonely. I'd have to take up some other nervous habit.  :)

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Ooooh!! Universal CANBUS harnesses! That's pretty cool! I doubt any of us have much experience with these, so I'd say jump in and go for it!! The last harness I ordered up is for my '46 Chev and it was from painless. Really nice harness!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Have been talking to the Infinity group about their product as I intend to use my iphone as my stereo, and if the Infinity system is used it could also be used as heater controls, window control and ton of other stuff. Very cool product but it isnt cheap. 

If you wanted to go fully nerd, you can go opensource and control relay boards through an Arduino. This way you can just wire everything up the Ardunio, program the outputs based on the inputs, and switch the appropriate relays. It may even be able to replace blinker and wisch-wasch relays, etc.

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/ArduinoPower