• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Switching to a Tii brake booster

remout

When switching from the larger diameter booster to the Tii one, are there any other mods necessary due to the length of the Tii booster. The battery is still under the hood. I can't just look for myself as our Tii booster is in transit post rebuild.

Many Thanks!

With the battery still in the engine compartment, it may be fairly tight!

A tii takes a Group 26R battery with a short-end ledge (fairly rare nowadays) for the battery hold-down. A non-tii takes a considerably longer Group 47 with a long-side ledge for the hold-down. Quite a number of people already use the smaller Group 26R in non-tii models. You MAY find that, if you are currently using the longer Group 47 battery, you need to downsize to a Group 26R to gain adequate clearance for the master cylinder.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I believe a number of folks have done this without swapping to longer hard brake lines and simply bending them to the new location of the master cylinder. I tried this when swapping my booster a few years back and was just not happy with how the lines needed to be bent so elected to swap a couple of them out. A bit of a pain, but not too bad.