• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002tii fuel linkage

I think i have fuddled my push rod fuel linkage. Is 289mm the correct legnth for this rod? Do i take this measurement from the ends of the connectors? I want my idle to not drop below 1000 rpm if possible. Also, the linkage overall seems a bit loose...maybe a centimeter of play between the system at rest and pedal movement. What parts/springs are recommended to tighten this up? The rods and connectors are in good shape however the long push rod does have a slight bend and flexibility to it

Scott

I would contact Rogers Tii, he sells all the Tii linkage parts. And yes, they should be the correct length, and not have any bends in them.

The idle can be tuned using the outside set screw on the tuna can, but this is after everything else is set correctly.

download the Kugelfischer tuning manual

http://www.rogerstii.com/fuel-system-14/?sort=featured&page=2

1973 2002Tii Agave "Gerta"-----1972 2002Tii Verona project-----------2003 Porsche 911 X51-------2016 FIAT Abarth--------2003 Porsche Boxster----------2005 Honda Element

I agree with Brian on purchasing new linkage rods.  Most of the older ones have loose fitting ball ends or broken plastic snap fitting ends.  Mercedes Benz has very similar pieces that will work.

Here is the graphic from the BMW service manual (aka the Blue book)

A60AE243-B1AF-4A4A-944A-4D11271AEE96_zps

The linkage rods are measured center-to-center not overall length.

If your car has sloppy linkages and slow reaction when you push down on the firewall pivot, I suggest you do the following:

1. Replace the linkage rods (the fixed length intermediate one may be OK)
  2. Replace the nylon cup at the base of the KF pump that supports the throttle body rod. Put a dab of grease on it afterwards.
  3. Replace the return spring at the firewall pivot (Graphic item # 2)
  4. Replace the nylon bushings at the firewall pivot (Graphic item # 2) and engine block pivot
  5. Use a good grease on the bushings.
  6. Use some nylon washers (sourced from H-D or Lowe's) to tighten up the play at the firewall pivot (# 2) and the engine block pivot.  Adding new BMW bushings may not fully correct the sloppiness.  ** MAKE SURE BOTH PIVOTS CAN MOVE EASILY - YOU DO NOT WANT THESE TO BIND UP **
  7. Adjust the accelerator pivot at the firewall (Graphic item # 1) to take up some of the slack ** DO NOT MAKE THIS TOO TIGHT or else the engine RPM's will be increased: BTDT **
  8. Replace the throttle body return spring (the large horizontal one) with the correct BMW part.
  9. Replace the tiny spring inside the throttle body with the correct part.

Your idle speed should be between 900-1000 RPM.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks for letting me on to Roger's Tii. Its always good to have multiple sources for finding these parts. I have made due by making the measurements and slightly adjusting the enriching screw on the throttle but I will definitely be putting a new rod on order.