• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to Me 1976 2002

Seadawg33

On Saturday I bought a new to me 1976 BMW 2002.  It has some rust but not as bad as many pictures I have seen.  It hasn't been taken care of that well but they have spent a lot of money on her.  The Reg expires in Sep so I am going to drive her till then.  Afterwards I will put her on Non-op and then tear her apart, clean her up, repaint her and rebuild the top end.  Never done this before so it should be interesting. I made a commitment to go sailing on May 2nd otherwise I would drive down to Brisbane, CA for the event.

Pictures to follow

Wish me luck

Seadawg

Hope you're not a CA resident, as '76s still have to pass smog in that automotively benighted state...

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The Grating state of Kalifornia is making me smog the car.  This is my first try on restoring a car.  If I like it I will loose money when I sell this and buy a '69 if I can find one but at the least I will get a '74 so I don't need to smog.