• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Upgraded 2002 Door Brake Sets

harry6422

hi Harry...

I have installed your door brakes recently and am pleased that they function as stated and remove one of the annoying little things of these great old cars that tend to get ignored if more pressing problems need fixing.

I didn't use the rubber (seals) because I couldn't see how they worked or improved anything. I used the plastic covers, as they would help protect the mechanism from the fine road dust that gets flung up through the door weep holes. Perhaps in your instructions you could point out how the seals work ?

....cheers, George

Hi George, Glad you like the door brakes, the seals do two things, 1- covers the pillar mount keeping dirt and moisture from getting on the mount and in the mount lube, 2- when you shut the door it seals the hole in the door that the door brake arm passes through keeping dirt and moisture from getting in side the door and in the lube of the door brake movement in side the door . attached a installed picture .

Harry13494788_513503998838241_2481677553814091667_n.jpg?oh=5a469cf5894b8cb108001a4e678649e5&oe=588E6EE0

Edited by harry6422

1975 BMW 2002 Taiga

2000 BMW M Roadster evergreen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have them in stock, I make and sell them as a set to do both doors, if one side has failed the other is not far behind, also they work so much better than the original part you would have a drastic difference in the opening and closing  of the doors and the cost of one would be $85 because of shipping and my time . I recommend doing both at one time and not having to deal with it again as long as you own the car at a lower over all cost.

Thanks,

Harry

1975 BMW 2002 Taiga

2000 BMW M Roadster evergreen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...