• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offset Roll Center Spacers In Fsp Autox

Regerfab

Make it out of steel.  Weld it to the bottom of the strut.  Powdercoat the strut/spacer combo one dark color.  keep moving.  

Or get a "different brand ball joint" with a much thicker flange.  However you want to slide it in.

Someones got to see it to challenge it.   Someones got to know what the original part looks like as well.  If it's not shiny and your not bragging about it, unless you allow your competitors to look at your undercarriage, it will never be seen.

Make it out of steel.  Weld it to the bottom of the strut.  Powdercoat the strut/spacer combo one dark color.  keep moving.  

Or get a "different brand ball joint" with a much thicker flange.  However you want to slide it in.

Someones got to see it to challenge it.   Someones got to know what the original part looks like as well.  If it's not shiny and your not bragging about it, unless you allow your competitors to look at your undercarriage, it will never be seen.

Sorry, but that is exactly the attitude we don't need in amateur racing. Hiding something probably illegal. This is supposed to be for fun folks. Cheaters don't have the driving skill to win with a legal car.

2xM3

Sorry, Spacer is not legal.

I suspect you're right,

but if I cared enough about it,

I'd run it, tell you on Saturday, you'd protest me,

and we'd get an official ruling.

I'd do it on a weekend that didn't matter

to me for points, and bring my protest fee and

paperwork. 

I doubt it'd stand as legal, but I DON'T see the rules

as being 100% clearcut, and this is how you

make them so. How SCCA works,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I suspect you're right,

but if I cared enough about it,

I'd run it, tell you on Saturday, you'd protest me,

and we'd get an official ruling.

I'd do it on a weekend that didn't matter

to me for points, and bring my protest fee and

paperwork. 

I doubt it'd stand as legal, but I DON'T see the rules

as being 100% clearcut, and this is how you

make them so. How SCCA works,

t

don't have to do it that way.  can just write a letter requesting a clarification.  i served on the SCCA National Improved Touring tech board for many years classifying cars and making decisions on rule clarifications.

if you just do it at a local race, all you get is a local tech inspector ruling.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3