• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fsf517

Hello, I've been fixing up my heater box/blower motor. After setting the fan into the cage, it was hitting the plastic. I think because the fan blade was too close to the motor. After noticing the set screw was missing, I pryed up gently between the fan blade and motor. Wouldn't you know the top bearing cap (3 washer looking things) popped out. The fan blade won't budge. I drilled the set screw area. I feel it's now junk,

Question: what can I use for a blower motor? The 02 fan looks very similar .

Thanks, fred

1968 2000C

I just bought a 911 blower motor of ebay.de worked out exactly the same. Cost about 70 euros with postage. But check it just in case. I didnt have a set screw on mine just pressed on nylon bushing. When I reinstalled the fan it was loose and I had to use chemical metal to fix it. Now works great

The CS blue parts book number for the motor brings up later E3/E9 style, which can't be right. Mine looks similar to 02 but different shape to top cage. That said, the two motors may be the same. Or at least with interchangeable parts. I don't have an 02 heater to compare. But there is an article on 02 side on rebuilding heater, or Google images for 2002 heater blower to see of it looks familiar.

Ok, that's all helpful.

So on the 68 2000c as I stated I damaged the fan and blower motor attempting to seperate the two. Dummy me! In retrospect had I simply bent the fan blades a bit all this could have been avoided. I think.

So after learning that a blower/fan from a square back 02 won't snugly fit inside my cage, I discovered that if I also swap the plastic cage-heater box casing (just the side that houses the fan) the whole thing should attach / rivet right up to my original heater box. Of course until I get the car back I won't know for sure. I'm simply bench repairing the box.

On another note I'm finding that when I jump the blower motor , red to positive and brown to neg . The blower turns in the wrong direction. I'm assuming that the switch will reverse the polarity.

Does that sound correct?

Also can I guess that if the springs in my blower resistor are not burnt then it should still function on all speeds?

Thanks fred

Check the wiring at the resistor board (both where the motor harness connects and the wiring external to the box from the switch).  Not sure about the NK cars, but the 02's should have male/female crimp connections (opposite at the resistor board).   Some motors may have a different polarity.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I just thought that when I put power to red and neg to the brown wire , the fan would turn in the correct direction. It spins in the wrong direction. But I did not include the switch/resistor or possibly a relay(not sure if on is used) in my testing process. As the car is disassembled and I'm not really ready for that type of testing. Maybe tomorrow . But I trust that when all the wires are in play, the polarity gets reversed. We'll see. Thanks fred

Ok, I figured it out. Not sure why I had to reverse wires in order to get the fan to turn in correct direction. But the important thing to note is this:

If your 2000c blower motor is bad, you can source a motor from an 02 and also the heater box cover and clips to hold the fan, works perfectly . Fred

Ok, I figured it out. Not sure why I had to reverse wires in order to get the fan to turn in correct direction. But the important thing to note is this:

If your 2000c blower motor is bad, you can source a motor from an 02 and also the heater box cover and clips to hold the fan, works perfectly . Fred

+1  Good news and information.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"