• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youngest 2002 Owner Here?

Nesset127

Well a whole 5 days ago marked my 16th birthday. I aquired my 2002 over the summer and have been cleaning it up ever sence. But am I the youngest one here? Who exactly is the youngest and who is the oldest? Just a interesting statistic I think a few people would like to know... Thanks guys,

Nesset

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

"I don't have a piece of sh*t so I have to envy yours!" - Ferris Bueller

I'm 20. I remember being 15 on a vintage motorcycle forum and being the youngest around. Long story short, the years go by very fast. 

You're likely one of the youngest 02ers who owns there own car, but many 02 owners have kids that help them wrench. Either way, enjoy it to the hilt and don't be afraid to ask for help. Also don't be afraid to own up to your mistakes; there will be plenty. 

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

My father bought me my '76 2002 when I was 12 years old... Still have it today and I'm 36.

I can tell you love your car... Most kids I know want a new car every 2 years. I'm happy with my 02...

-Nesset

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily

Wow, 16 years old... Been quite a few years since I was that age.

Let's see now; it was in the Spring of 1968, I was 16 and in my junior year of High School.  That's when I first read about the BMW 2002 in Car & Driver's April 1968 issue.  Had to wait until Dec of '72 when I an old man of 21 before I could afford to buy one.  Fast forward 41 years:  Bought my latest, a '72 2002, about a year ago, and although I'm now officially an Olde Pharte of 62, I swear I still feel young again every time I get behind the wheel. There's just something about these cars...!!!!

Nesset, I hope this is the beginning of a lifetime of fun and joy for you.

Hopefully, some time in the future, you'll also look back on these days with a big sh*t-eating grin!!!

Enjoy!

Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

I was a hair over 16 when I got my 02 as a present from my Dad (I thought I was going to have to pay for it :P). Mostly because I had just enough money to make it run again. Roadworthy was another story... Yay 20+ year old Michelin XAS's! Did like 3000 miles on those :P 

Now a days I'm a 20 year old (Jan 8th B-day) College student studying engineering at Central Wa. Me and my 02 have been all over the place together :)

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Wow, 16 years old... Been quite a few years since I was that age.

Let's see now; it was in the Spring of 1968, I was 16 and in my junior year of High School. That's when I first read about the BMW 2002 in Car & Driver's April 1968 issue. Had to wait until Dec of '72 when I an old man of 21 before I could afford to buy one. Fast forward 41 years: Bought my latest, a '72 2002, about a year ago, and although I'm now officially an Olde Pharte of 62, I swear I still feel young again every time I get behind the wheel. There's just something about these cars...!!!!

Nesset, I hope this is the beginning of a lifetime of fun and joy for you.

Hopefully, some time in the future, you'll also look back on these days with a big sh*t-eating grin!!!

Enjoy!

Bob

I already enjoy my car more than any other possession I've ever had. I can tell I already have a lifetime of 2002 love ahead. I got my dad into it too. Before he drove my 2002 he thought BMW's were crap. Now he wants one haha. The M10 is one bullet proof motor...

-Nesset

76' Fjord Daily SOLD

1986 528e 5 speed Daily