• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Setrab Oil Cooler

rover1

iv got a setrab oil cooler not sure about the model because the sticker/decal is scatched off but looks pretty new. the dude i purchased from had it mounted on a 914. anyway the dimensions are 11x5x3 inches. i tryed the search engine here on FAQ but didnt get any results. what i want to know is what are my options for sandwitch adapter is the one IE sells the one for me? wear should i mount it. what type of fittings do i need. 

i have one about that size.  center grill in front of rad mount to top. pics in my builld thread of other locations i tried, how i mounted it and what hoses i used.  can't help you on the adaptor, i have an s14 which came stock with cooler.

2xM3

I think you need an adapter with an oil thermostat unless you are running an out and out race engine. You need to let the oil get up to temperature and that won't happen unless you have that thermostat (or a very heavy right foot for a street car)

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I think you need an adapter with an oil thermostat unless you are running an out and out race engine. You need to let the oil get up to temperature and that won't happen unless you have that thermostat (or a very heavy right foot for a street car)

correct!

i believe you can actually get the oil filter mount for an S14 and bolt it onto an M10.  this mount include locations for oil tempsender, t-stat and out/inlet for oil cooler.

not cheap....but effective!

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

correct!

i believe you can actually get the oil filter mount for an S14 and bolt it onto an M10.  this mount include locations for oil tempsender, t-stat and out/inlet for oil cooler.

not cheap....but effective!

Correct. the mounting holes line up and it is a bolt in.

I found mine (but have yet to mount it) on s14.net a number of years ago.

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii