baller908790

Stock seat problems

6 posts / 487 viewsLast Reply

Couldn't think of the correct word. The drivers side "Latch" thing doesn't allow the seat to move forward towards the steering wheel to let passengers into the backseat. It worked when I received the car but the drivers seat was the only one recovered. Is there like a latch mechanism to lube because I want to remove the seats to vacuum everything out and to lube the sliders.

There are (2) Phillips-head screws securing the seat back panel to the seat. Look inside to the left on the driver's side and there is a wire and plastic pulley for moving the seat latch when the knob is pulled upward. Could be as simple as the wire needs adjusting.

The "tilt" feature is accomplished by a cable attached to that latch & handle on the upper outer side bolster of the seat. Get in the back and remove the small screws at the bottom of the panel on the back of the seat and assess the cable situation - they rust/break over time. I thought the 2002 cable was No Longer Available, but the E21 cable might work wiith some modification.

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at it. The passenger side works fine and its the original seat so maybe the people recovering the seat may have had it adjusted wrong as it did work. I'll compare both side and and see whats up with the drivers side.

Thanks!

When I found that the cable was all rusty and had broken inside my seat back I was able to replace it with a bicycle brake cable. It's been functioning fine that way for about 10, or more, years.

Bob Napier

Took the seats out. cleaned up the rails and carpet then removed the back part of the seat. Its broken and was really rusty. I'm going to try the bike cable method of repairing. Thanks for your help!