• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock seat problems

Couldn't think of the correct word. The drivers side "Latch" thing doesn't allow the seat to move forward towards the steering wheel to let passengers into the backseat. It worked when I received the car but the drivers seat was the only one recovered. Is there like a latch mechanism to lube because I want to remove the seats to vacuum everything out and to lube the sliders.

There are (2) Phillips-head screws securing the seat back panel to the seat. Look inside to the left on the driver's side and there is a wire and plastic pulley for moving the seat latch when the knob is pulled upward. Could be as simple as the wire needs adjusting.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The "tilt" feature is accomplished by a cable attached to that latch & handle on the upper outer side bolster of the seat. Get in the back and remove the small screws at the bottom of the panel on the back of the seat and assess the cable situation - they rust/break over time. I thought the 2002 cable was No Longer Available, but the E21 cable might work wiith some modification.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif