• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie here with 74 2002

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi Folks:

I've been lurking here for a while and this is my first post. New to the 2002 scene, but, not the brand. Current lineup includes 2 E36 M3's +1 E93 M3. One E36 + the E93 are bare bones stock, and 1 E36 is a fire breathing, supercharged monster with the suspension of an old Roman charriot and I hate it! I will be selling it soon and taking its place is a mild mannered 2002.

I'm having some body work done to the 02 now which includes the turbo air dam and fender flares with the wheel arches trimmed accordingly, plus fresh paint in two tone blue and white theme. Car has some aftermarket Ceres 13" basket weave wheels which are growing on me so they may be refurbished and put back into service.

Not familiar with these cars at all and want to get the suspension and tire configuration hammered out before I start ordering parts. I am considering the Bav Auto lowering springs and Bilstein shocks, but am worried about the turbo air dam being too close to the ground if I drop the car 1.5". Furthermore, I want to fill the flared arches with rubber, without having to worry about rub. I'd love to put the Federal 595's 205/60/13 on the current rims, but, also plan on upgrading the front brakes with a kit from Top End Performance.

This car will get treated to a fresh rebuild with a bigger cam (low compression in 2 cylinders) and will be used as a street car only. More of a tribute rally car that looks like it took a wrong turn of the course and ended up at Starbucks.

Does anyone have any input on the spring/shock/tire/brake combo?

I'd post a picture of the car here if I knew how!

Thank you in advance,

Steve - Crosby, TX