• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DO NOT go to Burdick BMW

Henryn02

My son took his E46 M3 to Burdick with a starting problem. In Syracuse a lot of cars have staring problems, it gets very cold. My son had both keys with him but the service manager asked for one. My son got a ride home (20 miles) and then gets a call the next day that they need the second key to diagnose the problem. I explained that my son could not get a ride to the dealer, and I asked why could they not test the baterry or do other tests without the key, and why, as a service adviser in a place where there are a lot of cold start problem, why did he not ask for the key in the first place. The service manager got rude and angry. Asked my what the big deal was, after al my son would have to go there to pick up the car anyway. I then explained that if he took the key, it would be a third trip, because they were not going to fix the car while he was there. So it would be a third trip right? After a few minutes he dismisivelly said I was right and then began to get rude with me again. My son has to drive somewhere on friday so he went to the drealer today, never gave them the key that a supposidly necessary for diagnosis. Could not do it with out the key he told me. But charged me 130.00 for diagnosis anyway, without even a diagnosis. Well BURDICK BMW, you suck!

Perhaps a conversation with the Service Director would have helped and if not, the General Manager would be interested in hearing of the situation. Just a matter of communication.

CSI scores are very important to dealers.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Was this an issue with the EWS system? Perhaps the car needed to identify two keys in unison for diagnostics / repair? If so, the service person should have been able to explain that over the phone. I've had limited experience diagnosing EWS, but it can be a real bugger.

I know you've been in the BMW game a long long time Henry. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Unfortunate that Burdick BMW has this reputation.

As an alternative, Galt is down Rt. 81 in Endicott, and they are superb. It is a much longer ride, but there are BMW owners in both the Syracuse and Rochester areas who have their cars serviced there.

And, the guy who is the head of service for all Galt's dealerships is restoring a touring, so he is most definitely a BMW guy to the core.

-Karl

'73 '02 

I have no dog in the fight and have had no dealing with that BMW dealer. I do own an E46. My dealership does "read" the key when I bring it in. They have a device they stick it in at the service writers desk. If your son had used one of the keys most of the time, and the other just sat, like in my house, they really need the one that you use, because that one will show them the faults.

I am sure there are ways around this, and there are lots of diagnostic tools, but that one is the front line. It was that way with a Mini I owned also.

That is not to say they should be rude or unprofessional about it either.

Jame Bond would say " a gentleman never drops an F bomb in front of a lady" unless his Walther PPK jams!

James would send one of his girls to the Aston Martin Dealership, and ya know shes always packin a nice set.................................of keys

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

Dealing with the dealer is frustrating at best...

My wife's X5 leaked water, and after several visits to the dealer (The last which they had the car for a week) to try to fix under warranty, the best they could tell me is that for $1300 THEY WOULD DRY IT OUT FOR ME! I spent 20 minutes in the driveway with a garden hose and found the sunroof leaked. Took the car to American Sunroof Service and they fixed it for $150 bucks! Found a crimped drain hose from the day the car was built... Fuck!

I hear you brother, I will never buy another "new" BMW, Mark

73tii