• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wonder how many "made in Germany" parts

nbristow01

And the moral of the story is... who cares if they are not made in Germany, as long as they are made under quality control and to Germanic specs. Even the new BMW seat belts are made in Twain, I am telling you...are they bad?, no, not necessarily. Outsourcing is seemed as the way to make the most profits by BMW and other companies. But, unfortunately prices do not reflect the cheaper manufacturing cost; on the contrary, they keep jacking the prices up thus increasing profit margins even more. Capitalism can be a blessing but also an evil.. We don't have any other alternative, suck it up.

I bought a pair of 02 sensors for my E36 M3. Bosch were $130 each. NTK were $95 each. Big difference but I figured Bosch is an OEM part. So I ordered the "good" stuff.

I receive the sensors a few days later, open the Bosch boxes and what do I find inside? An NTK 02 sensor, made is Japan. It was $35 more for the box.

I sent back the Bosch sensors and ordered the NTKs, And I got $70 back and got the same part.

FWIW, the Bosch box said: Made in Germany. Maybe they meant, "just the box."

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Just purchased some relays from Hella. Paid about double what I would have paid for a no name brand, made in China.

Guess what is says on the (Hella) parts, "Made in China". Give it a little time and you'll probably see "made in China" on all OEM BMW parts. This was the last time I paid extra for Hella parts.

I hear ya....get this. The factory in Asia that makes these ETA movements that are in these high dollar watches...guess who owns it...Fossil does.

In fact You can buy a Fossil watch for under 300 bucks and it has the same ETA movement as that 4000 watch at the Jewelry store in the mall

Damn shame is all I have to say about it.

Hella, Bosch..etc no different.

I don't think the same exact Swiss ETA movement that goes into a cheap fossil watch goes into a Breitling.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

I cover the price differences by having bought BMW stock (figured I should put my money where my mouth is) about 5 years ago for $35 a share. It's now at $100, and with dividends my investment if up 462% in the 5 years.

Bob Napier

Now that's what I call fahrvergnugen (oder freude am fahren).

Way to go.

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.