nbristow01

Building a new rear subframe setup

6 posts / 660 viewsLast Reply

Since my car is having issues with the rear suspension (shot bushings)I figured it is time to install my subframe setup I have. I got this over the summer from a guy I helped out. In return for my help he gave me an old subframe with a 3.91 LSD in it. I had new bushings put in the control arms and had the CV joints all rebuilt. I also had the diff inspected and new oil added. So tonight, months later, I put it all back together. Hopefully next weekend I will swap the subframes out.

If you see any obvious bonehead errors in the pics please speak up

post-17424-1366766726932_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667667270305_thumb.jpg

I remember from a mechanical engineer explaining to me not to reuse lock nuts like the ones used to hold your rear axle up on the m12 or so pins. Just a safety FYI. I`m sure you can get by reusing em but I live by the replace policy.

Nick,

Fro the "while you are at it, might as well" department. Just do all the bushings, flush and refill diff oil if not done so, new shock bolts, and RDB kit, from Aardvark or Ireland Engineering.

Also, what is the condition of the wheel bearings?

My .02 cents!

Justin

Nick,

Fro the "while you are at it, might as well" department. Just do all the bushings, flush and refill diff oil if not done so, new shock bolts, and RDB kit, from Aardvark or Ireland Engineering.

Also, what is the condition of the wheel bearings?

My .02 cents!

Justin

Hey Justin..this setup has rebuilt CV's, bearings by Brad. Also all new bushings so is complete.

I may do a RDB kit this spring but frankly the car stops so well with the stock setup I am in no big hurry to install it

Put the rear sway bar on before installing the assembly in the car (or at least the bar at the two front clamp points). They are a PITA when trying to do them later especially with urethane bushings.