• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Building a new rear subframe setup

nbristow01

Since my car is having issues with the rear suspension (shot bushings)I figured it is time to install my subframe setup I have. I got this over the summer from a guy I helped out. In return for my help he gave me an old subframe with a 3.91 LSD in it. I had new bushings put in the control arms and had the CV joints all rebuilt. I also had the diff inspected and new oil added. So tonight, months later, I put it all back together. Hopefully next weekend I will swap the subframes out.

If you see any obvious bonehead errors in the pics please speak up

post-17424-1366766726932_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667667270305_thumb.jpg

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Nick,

Fro the "while you are at it, might as well" department. Just do all the bushings, flush and refill diff oil if not done so, new shock bolts, and RDB kit, from Aardvark or Ireland Engineering.

Also, what is the condition of the wheel bearings?

My .02 cents!

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

Nick,

Fro the "while you are at it, might as well" department. Just do all the bushings, flush and refill diff oil if not done so, new shock bolts, and RDB kit, from Aardvark or Ireland Engineering.

Also, what is the condition of the wheel bearings?

My .02 cents!

Justin

Hey Justin..this setup has rebuilt CV's, bearings by Brad. Also all new bushings so is complete.

I may do a RDB kit this spring but frankly the car stops so well with the stock setup I am in no big hurry to install it

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle