• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fog light bracket.

Dejammey

I used aluminum angle iron bolted inside the square bumper holes. easy and cheep.

I fabricated a set of brackets just like the ones that mount behind/through the grilles out of 1 1/2" aluminum stock fairly easily. A few cuts and bends and some finish grinding and they turn out great.

Could you post some pictures of how you fabricated/mounted brackets in the bumper holes? I am searching for a good way to either fill-in or cover up my square bumper holes.

Thanks

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

check out the thread regarding custom duckbill spoilers, there's a pic of a '74 (green with white stripes, Ludvig02 in Denver) with fog lights mounted in what looks like the holes for the big bumper. this might be what you're looking for :)

Chris C.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a set of brackets that use the old bumper square holes. I liked the look of the fog lights lower down as well.

Basically what I did was: get a piece of 1"3/4 steel tube roughly 13" long (depends how far out you want the lights to sit). Then I took a 1" plug, drilled a hole the size of the fog light bolt, and welded a nut inside the plug. Finally I welded the plug inside the steel tube. the fog light screws into the end of the plug, and the entire piece is locked in exactly like the front bumper assembly was in the rubber housing. (one bolt in the back and the locking bracket in the front.

I am just wrapping up the wiring now and then will post some pictures.

'76 2002

Hi Pierre, Please contact me regarding the light brackets.

Thanks

julio

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

• 5 years later...