• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Borrani 6 x 13 wheels

hanksjim1

Guest Anonymous

Im local and I just talked with the seller. He knows exactly what these wheels are and what they're worth. He's actually a licensed WA state dealer hence the 8.5% sales tax. I'm currently the high bidder. These would make a great pair of winter wheels for my 2002 ;)

Im local and I just talked with the seller. He knows exactly what these wheels are and what they're worth. He's actually a licensed WA state dealer hence the 8.5% sales tax. I'm currently the high bidder. These would make a great pair of winter wheels for my 2002 ;)

Interesting! So why didn't he mention Borrani or CMR in the listing? They were so low profile they were still at 1 bid and $59 4 days into the auction. Regardless, he'll get fair market value now!

Good luck (I'm not a bidder)!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Interesting! So why didn't he mention Borrani or CMR in the listing? They were so low profile they were still at 1 bid and $50 4 days into the auction. Regardless, he'll get fair market value now!

Good luck (I'm not a bidder)!

Steve

Honestly I'm not sure why he didn't mention Borrani or CMR in the listing, but it doesn't matter now! All the 2002 guys have seen the auction and they're going to sell for all the money.

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

Great. I'm glad all of the FAQers are bidding against each other. I'll say it was super exciting to hold onto that opening bid for a few hours.

There was less interest than I would have predicted! $380 (just $95 a rim!) for four 6x13 Borranis still wearing their original paint seems like an absolute steal to me!

Steve

I thought they'd bring $800 so I bowed out hoping that someone who really needed them got a fair price--I do hope it was one of the FAQers. :)

I, too, thought $800. After I watched a complete set of vintage Ronal rims -- in excellent original condition -- sell on German eBay for something like $250 (the seller wouldn't ship) I got to thinking "Do forum members overpay among themselves for some of the rare parts because they (we!) start believing that everyone in the world is interested in and has the wherewithal to purchase these rare parts?" Maybe!

Steve

Wasn't me :(

They must have shill bid or something similar, because I was the high bidder up until the last couple of seconds. It's unfortunate, but I guess I don't REALLY need a 4th set of wheels for one car... haha ;)

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

Wasn't me :(

They must have shill bid or something similar, because I was the high bidder up until the last couple of seconds. It's unfortunate, but I guess I don't REALLY need a 4th set of wheels for one car... haha ;)

i was the high bidder on those rims. it was NOT a shill bid from the seller. i'm only responding to clear that up. i spotted these rims on eBay before they were posted here and was mildly pissed when they were disclosed here originally.

i used to visit a website where it was expressly frowned upon to post eBay adds with the thinking that if an individual expends the effort to Search ebay listings they should reap any benefit of locating a 'hidden' find. i'm not confusing this with an actual eBay Seller notifying others of his listings.

anyhow, i've kept my eye out for Borrani's for a couple years ever since i missed out on a set of four locally on Craigslist for $75 by 15 minutes, that Delia snagged. I preferr the round hole Alpina sytle but was unable to come to an agreement on a set listed recently and was considering going to the 14inch E30 steelies.

as for price, i do think we tend to inflate values alittle amonst ourselves.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

i used to visit a website where it was expressly frowned upon to post eBay adds with the thinking that if an individual expends the effort to Search ebay listings they should reap any benefit of locating a 'hidden' find. i'm not confusing this with an actual eBay Seller notifying others of his listings

Call me selfish but I believe that that is a nice practice -- i.e., not notifying the entire forum of every single "find," unless you are the seller. Even then, however, there are shades of gray. For example, a forum member posts that he or she is desperate for a whatchamacallit. And you just saw a watchamacallit on eBay. Do you disclose? Is a local Craig's List listing out of bounds? Many of those listings would never see a 2002 owner if they weren't brought up on the forum. And what about car listings? Should they be disclosed, because we do wind up with forum members bidding against forum members? I don't know the answer to these questions but, like you and others, was mildly annoyed to see the listing broadcast on the forum. Like others, I would have been willing to adopt them for a couple hundred (though I absolutely do not need them)! Oddly, however, in this instance, you wound up with a good deal despite the forum posting. How'd that happen? No idea.

Congrats on your win!

Regards,

Steve

I will no longer post ebay listings on this site...

I'm sure you meant well, we're just a little pissy because we couldn't buy a set of Borranis for $59!

Regards,

Steve