Guest Anonymous

windshield washer

6 posts / 588 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

Can windshield washer motor for 1972 2002 be repaired. Bench tested and no movement in it.

I've taken a few of these apart (BMW as well as Mercedes ones) and once they're roached... they're roached. They live in a pretty harsh environment (soaked in fluid, perched above exhaust in exposed engine bay)...they're tough but not that tough.

Mine wouldn´t run a few years ago. I took out and switched the cables to try the other way, and it worked. Just clogged due to winter rest, I guess. Tried the right way and it worked.

Put it back in the car, and that was about 5 years ago.

i tried to fix mine and it was still toast. i wouldn't say it was a waste of time as i actually enjoyed trying to awaken it from the dead, but ended up just buying an off-brand replacement for an first generation vw rabbit from FCP for pretty cheap. word of warning though if you buy a replacement like i did: keep your old bracket as the one that comes with the new pump is different.

Ken,

I have 2 spares that both worked when I tested them a year or so ago. Be glad to send you one for $10. My car hasn't been wet in years and I don't even know how to activate the washer, so don't really think I'll need a spare. Email me if interested. jdaniels (at) uga (dot) edu