• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

got a pair of E-30 seats Recaro seats

Picked up a pair of E-30 Recaro seats, thought it would be easy to install when redoing the carpets. (best laid plans are soon delayed by miscalculation) Soon realized the E-30 seat is built on the rails of the chair and the bolt patten is completely different than the 2002 seat rail. Off to vendors to get custom brackets, this way and that and way too high even for my average height, took the custom brackets out, drilled the 2002 seat rails from a hole to a slot on all four, reinstalled the clips and bolted in the seats! perfect fit, solid as a rock and as comfy as can be, perhaps an inch higher than the stock seat but improved visibility down the road.

Sweet!

pictures to follow,

waiting on new panel from Parker Performance for some gauges and a clock to finish console.

Keep the painted side up guys, life is good, the weather crisp and the leaves at peak color here in New York

Mark Baum / mbaum.collects@gmail.com
1976 BMW 2002 sunroof  (looking good now!)

2015 VW Jetta S (more like a car not a family boat)

I would like to see the pics....gauge panel as well.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

I see you have relocated your repa buckles from the tunnel to the seats. Not sure if they are safer this way (because seat mounting area in a 2002 is not very strong structurally) but if you need shorter repa buckles contact me and I will refurbish you a set of proper length...just a thought.

Thank you for the info but I am still somewhat confused.

You used the E30 brackets or the 2002 brackets? Or did you mean the seat structure in the car? Is that what was drilled?

I have heard that it is difficult to center the E30 sport seats to the steering wheel. How did yours turn out as far as the centering issue is concerned?

Thank you.

FYI: the E30 sport seats are not made by Recaro. They are made by BMW. They do look a lot like the E21 Recaros though.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

I drilled the seat structure of the car from holes to oval slots moving the clip/nut structure 1/4" inward on both sides this centers the seat and allows for a 17" bolt pattern on the width of the seat frame as opposed to the stock seat track bolt pattern of 17 1/2" they are full dead on centered to the steering wheel

Mark Baum / mbaum.collects@gmail.com
1976 BMW 2002 sunroof  (looking good now!)

2015 VW Jetta S (more like a car not a family boat)