• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grille badges

BrentF

Getting my car ready for the Vintage Grand Prix this weekend at Mosport and just installed these grill badges (along with new grilles) that originally belonged to my father-in-law.

They depict sites in his home country of Austria. He would have picked them up in the early 70's when the whole family toured Europe for the simmer after picking up their new Mercedes from the factory.

t5ogsw.jpg

8vnqy8.jpg

So cool. Like beautifully-detailed flat snowdomes!

Just curious: how do you have CA blue plates and live in Canada?

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

Just curious: how do you have CA blue plates and live in Canada?

I bought the car a few months ago from a guy in Texas. He had maintained the CA registration for the two years from when he bought the car in CA. Apparently you can do that, as I am sure CA is more than happy to generate license fee revenues from out of state residents.

I'll be switching the plates over in the next few days. Here are the new plates that will be going on the car:

ok8yva.png

Brent, still curious. I assume you didn't have to turn in your CA plates to get your new Canadians. Any interest in selling your old CA plates?

If interested, you can email me at paulhuber26 at gmail dot com

Thanks. If not, that's cool too...

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

YIKES - them are some HIGH passes!

1763 M = 5,784 feet

3798 M = 12,460 feet! = don't attempt to drive yer o2 over that one

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

3798 M = 12,460 feet! = don't attempt to drive yer o2 over that one

I take my 02 up to 14,365 feet a couple of times every year -- to Mount Evans nearby. The thin air affects breathing, and reduced power up there, for sure.

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Brent, still curious. I assume you didn't have to turn in your CA plates to get your new Canadians. Any interest in selling your old CA plates?

Paul. No I don't have to turn the CA plates in to get my car registered in Ontario. In fact I get to keep the original CA registration papers as well provided I give them a photocopy. I made the inclusion of the CA plates a part of the car's purchase agreement, as I intend to keep them. Thanks for asking.