• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I was wondering if there was a comparison 02s14 and E30M3

exactly what you would expect..

m3 is newer, better handling, better braking, more comfortable, more, more, more. 20 years better technology.

m2 vs tii, assuming only difference is the engine...m2 is faster. duh, has more horsepower. other than that, only difference between the two is the other mods you could make to either one.

2xM3

+1 on what Marshall said ^^^. I had both at the same time. Both with stock 2.3s with roughly the same miles, about 120-140k, I forgot. 02 was lighter but not necessary faster. Even though the motor was the same, M2 didn't have the 265 Getrag and 4.10 diff which makes a difference. The e30 came out of Germany full dialed in. The M2 is a bag of mixed BMW parts. Both are great fun. I sold my M3 a while ago but still have the 02.

IMG_4208-1.jpg

IMG_4197-1.jpg

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

+1 on what Marshall said ^^^. I had both at the same time. Both with stock 2.3s with roughly the same miles, about 120-140k, I forgot. 02 was lighter but not necessary faster. Even though the motor was the same, M2 didn't have the 265 Getrag and 4.10 diff which makes a difference. The e30 came out of Germany full dialed in. The M2 is a bag of mixed BMW parts. Both are great fun. I sold my M3 a while ago but still have the 02.

IMG_4208-1.jpg

IMG_4197-1.jpg

And the 911 in the back!!!!!! man Alvin Jr...lol you are a Baller!!!

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

man Alvin Jr...lol

Jb

Fighting words! smiley-rpg028.gif

Hehehe.....just saying look at the stable...lol

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

exactly what you would expect..

m3 is newer, better handling, better braking, more comfortable, more, more, more. 20 years better technology.

m2 vs tii, assuming only difference is the engine...m2 is faster. duh, has more horsepower. other than that, only difference between the two is the other mods you could make to either one.

Well said, the M3 is an M car the 2002 with an S14 is a 2002 with a more capable powerfull motor. Apples and oranges.

Earl

74 2002Lux

02 M Roadster

72 volvo 1800ES

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Guest Anonymous

IMO the biggest difference between the e30 platform and the 2002 in the handling department is the rear subframe and semi-trailing arms.

2002s just gain too much negative camber is compromises the grip.

The rears of e30s hook up remarkably well for the age of the technology and the semi trailing arm design.

Comparing my modded/flared 2002 with my E30M3, it came down to one freeway offramp.

In the 02, if I hit the ramp at speed I needed to make sure I nailed the entry and the apex to carry it through.

In the M3, if I hit the ramp at speed the car didn't really care what my line was. It was so much more forgiving. That is when I realized that the E30M3 was much more car than I am a driver.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes