• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front left blinker not working...

CH2002

Did you recently futz with the wires? It has been done where one will mix the turn signal wire with the parking light wire. The turn signal element is brighter than the parking element and "overshadows" it sort of to speak.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I've cleaned around the housing and have tried different stainless steel screws, still not working. It turns on but doesn't blink. I might just have to find a new turn signal. Cant be the turn signal relay because the right side is working fine.?

I don't think it can be the relay.

What happens when you turn your hazard flashers on?

GL,

Ray

I've cleaned around the housing and have tried different stainless steel screws, still not working. It turns on but doesn't blink. I might just have to find a new turn signal. Cant be the turn signal relay because the right side is working fine.?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Does the rear turn signal on that side blink when you activate the lever in that direction. Seems like I remember something about the "not-blinking" being your car's way of telling you one of the other bulbs is not working.

Just a thought.

Bob Napier

All blinkers work except the front left. Fronts have new bulbs, rears work fine. When Hazards are on the front left is still not working. Wires can not be crossed because all blinkers were working fine before it was put away for storage. When driving lights are on it turn on but does not blink.

Very weird...