• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling my 66 1800A project car

tjones02

I have had this Polaris with Black/Red 1966 1800 Automatic for over 8 years and with the recent purchase of an E28 518i I need the space. That and I need to focus my NK activity on my Father's 1800 Ti/SA. Bought without title or bill of sale or any other paperwork from Vallejo CA. Last sticker on the license plate shows '87. To be sold only with Bill of Sale, no other paperwork.

BMW Classic information....

The BMW 1800 Automatic VIN 996895 was manufactured on June 3rd, 1966 and delivered on June 16th, 1966 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Polaris metallic, paint code 057.

The car came to me with the story that the transmission was bad. I have not confirmed this. I have though collected some of the key parts to convert to a manual trans, like the pedal assembly. I'll take photos of these parts for anyone interested.

The motor does turn over. I pulled the spark plugs and soaked the cylinders with Marvel for a week then gently rocked it back and forth. It spun easily. I then connected a battery to the starter and spun it for oil pressure. I have not changed out the 20+ year old oil.

The ignition switch and lock are broken and I have no keys. I do however have an NOS ignition lock assembly with key that can be included. Again, photos upon request.

Paint appears mostly original and body is relatively straight for being 45 years old and rather rust free save for the hood which has heavy surface rust and rust flakes that make noise in the inner webbing when it's opened. I have access to another rust free hood that I recall is also Polaris.

Many of the pictures are admittedly a few years old but the car has not moved and this being the dry Sacramento Valley very little has changed since then. I keep it covered with a breathable cover.

Asking $1100 OBO as is. If a buyer wishes I will obtain title and register the license plates under the California DMV Year of Manufacture policy. Costs for that would be added to the sale cost. I.E. if it costs me $150 to register the car the price goes up to $1250...

Alternatively I can make the car a reliable runner or build (mechanically) to a buyers wishes, price to be negotiated and deposits for parts and work made upon agreement at such time. I can also work with the bodyshop that we use for Casey MotorSports projects as well.

Shipping is to be paid by buyer. I will assist a shipper only by being there when they pick the car up.

The best way to contact me is direct email at tjones02 AT hotmail DOT com.

Pictures are in this album.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/1800A/?start=0

HPIM2798.jpg

HPIM2806.jpg

HPIM2802.jpg

HPIM2813.jpg

HPIM2817.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

email me

sunriseimports07@yahoo.com

where are you located???

any rust?cancer

how are the floor boards?

I am having trouble figuring out if you are truly serious or not. My location is next to my user name, and my contact email is listed in my ad.

Tom Jones

66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i

You're KILLIN me, Tom!

See? I have this dream, right? In the dream, you send me this car and the following day an S 38 shows up at my doorstep. Then: Magical things happen.

Magical Evil Sleeper things.

Best of luck on the sale - I hope it goes to a worthy home.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Paul I could make it go stop and turn well enough for you to drive home and take it from there. It's got perfect patina. Come on, West coast road trip adventure is waiting.... ;)

I've only gotten one email so far. I've got a feeling I'm gonna be sitting on this one for a while longer... I just don't have the space/time for it anymore. Time to move forward with more personal/family project cars, stuff I have a real attachment to. This isn't the only one I'm going to be selling off this spring/summer....

Anyone, Make Me Any Reasonable Offer!!!

Tom Jones

I hate you Tom Jones. Oh how I hate you. :-)

You know, It's Not Unusual... Had to say it, you left it wide open. :b...

Cheers,

Tom

Tom Jones

Paul I could make it go stop and turn well enough for you to drive home and take it from there. It's got perfect patina. Come on, West coast road trip adventure is waiting.... ;)

I feel a buddy roadtrip movie in the making.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog