• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 02 with 3-Pt Seat Belt & Rear Subwoofer Compatabil

asaquattro

'Just wondering if anyone out there that has a Rear Subwoofer setup from Eurotrash also has the 3-point Seat Belt setup shown below. I have a 1970 2002 which currently has a 2-point lap belt set-up. I've been wanting to convert to a 3-point Seat Belt Setup. I was informed that I could convert to the system shown below. However, when I noticed where the retractor was placed, I was wondering if it would interfere with the subwoofer enclosure underneath the rear bench seat.

I was just checking to see if anyone was out there that happened to also have the subwoofer enclosure and the same 3-point seat belt conversion. I was hoping to get confirmation if the subwoofer enclosure would interfere with the seat belt retractor or not.

RearSubwooferEnclosure_3-PointSeatBelt.jpg

on the rear seat riser vs under the back seat. Reinforce the bolt hole with a pair of large fender washers, and glue a little piece of leather on the edge of the seat cushion to the seat belt won't wear the upholstery. That'll give you plenty of clearance for the subwoofers, and the belt will retract better.

Been working for me since the late 70s...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

'Just wondering if anyone out there that has a Rear Subwoofer setup from Eurotrash also has the 3-point Seat Belt setup shown below. I have a 1970 2002 which currently has a 2-point lap belt set-up. I've been wanting to convert to a 3-point Seat Belt Setup. I was informed that I could convert to the system shown below. However, when I noticed where the retractor was placed, I was wondering if it would interfere with the subwoofer enclosure underneath the rear bench seat.

I was just checking to see if anyone was out there that happened to also have the subwoofer enclosure and the same 3-point seat belt conversion. I was hoping to get confirmation if the subwoofer enclosure would interfere with the seat belt retractor or not.

RearSubwooferEnclosure_3-PointSeatBelt.jpg

I have special BMW sleeves that can be installed on the retractor to prevent webbing from rubbing. But I don't know if the subwoofer will interfere with the retractor or not, which is a slightly different issue.