• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AFR cockpit meter, suggestions

PatAllen

I try to figure out what kind of AFR meter would be suitable for our 02. I hate all thoses huge chinese LED displays that looks like a disco, and dont fit at home at all into our antique german look cars.

I try to figure something small, thin and subtle. Either bar graph, or digits.

note, i am talking just the meter itself, regardless if its connected to a wide band or narrow band, doesnt matter for the moment.

Let me know what you think,

what i dont want into my 02:

8374a3a6.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Another option, though a bit pricey is AEM wifi enabled unit.

It has a wifi box and transmits to an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, but not Android.

You open a web page and see the readings.

What I liked is that I did not need to add a gauge since I was watching the data only during tuning exercises. The other really huge advantage is you can take the gauge with you while making adjustments under the hood. You didn't need a second person reading off the values. This was very helpful when tuning my tii.

i am looking at something much more subtle, that could be almost hidden somewhere on the 02 dash, like into the slot of the heating knobs so you would only see it once seated and looking straight into the groove...

and price is important. 50$ or less.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

George Graves over on r3vedlimited.com sells a bar graph in an e30 switch plate. Sorta looks like a hazard or defrost button.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

George Graves over on r3vedlimited.com sells a bar graph in an e30 switch plate. Sorta looks like a hazard or defrost button.

John

any pics on that, i searched...

but still, i am looking at making something specific to the 02.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

he is doing something very cool !!

unfortunately it wont fint anywhere into the 02 without major surgery...i am looking at something "bolt on" and almost invisible to the unatentioned eyes.

but i like it very much. i have a bunch of thoses led bar graphs somewhere in my stash of parts...

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp