• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 NOS... Somebody asked if it had been done.

Nifty...but it's "N2o"...sorry can't type the compound correctly. "NOS" is the initials for Nitrous Oxide Systems, the kit manufacturer. A good kit I might add. I only point this out because 'NAWWWWWSSSSS" is so goddamned ricey.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Nifty...but it's "N2o"...sorry can't type the compound correctly. "NOS" is the initials for Nitrous Oxide Systems, the kit manufacturer. A good kit I might add. I only point this out because 'NAWWWWWSSSSS" is so goddamned ricey.

And if you look at the bottle, nozzles, and jets, you'll see that this is indeed a setup comprised of mostly NOS brand parts. So I'll stick by that title.

I wouldn't ask or expect you to change the title of your post. As I mentioned, Nitrous Oxide Systems makes quality components. It's just that around here NOS typically means "new old stock" and nitrous oxide is, well, nitrous oxide.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

after seeing the first pic I was going to post that you should have run the hard ware on the underside of the inlet manifold for the sleeper-stealth look, but then I saw your dash!

Good work - let everyone know how you get on.

Cheers, Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

nice!

Are those Webers 45s? Out of interest: The main reason you use N2O is bringing more Oxygen into the engine, like turbocharging, right?

So when you activate your NOS System, you have more Oxygen to burn more fuel, but where does that fuel come from? Is there any special system to the carbs that enriches the mixture?

Or am i completely wrong and the N2O itself burns (it can't i suppose with 66% nitrogen)?

Doesn't really matter how you spell it or what brand you used it is kick ass all the way! I thinks it's funny that the guy from Arkansas is worried about spelling...

69 2002

1983 320is black

1983 320is white

1976 2002 green

01 325xit

Small white Toyota pickup

Ural 650 with sidecar

Past cars:

320is x5

320i x 3

2002 round x 3

2002 square x 6

Square Tii

Round Tii

318i

Honda metro

What the OP is showing is referred to as a 'wet nitros' system.

This means additional fuel is also injected along with the nitros.

There will be 8 lines in total going to the inlet ports. 4 carry the nitros and the remaining 4 are hooked up to the fuel pump. Both sets of lines are solenoid controlled to open (usually at full throttle)

Fuel injected cars can just run nitros lines and be mapped to increase fuel delivery as required.

I'm very interested in a nitros setup for my my car as it is posibly the easiest way to gain HP on a modified car running carbs. (it's even easier on a modern EFI car) For a carb'd car supercharger and blow-thru turbo setups are a lot more complex than nitros. And modern nitros systems can deliver fuel and gas in a very linear fashion rather than just a hige dollop of power like the older systems.

To me expecting to run a modified M10 (304 cam/upgraded internals/45DCOEs) the ability to have an additional 40-60hp on tap with few downsides seems a brilliant solution.

Would love tohear more about your setup

Not as far as I know Nick.. Just need a good strong spark/ign system and the internals to handle the extra hp. I've been looking at the idea for some time as seems a simple way to get 'turbo' performance when you need it. A tuned M10 giving 160hp could become a 210+hp motor with a hit of nitrous. Just right for the traffic light grand prix :)

lots more info here

http://www.noswizard.com/faq

I understand the concept behind nitrous oxide injection (approx 66% oxygen as opposed to air being 33%, injected under pressure with additional fuel) but why couldn't you use pure oxygen (be like a blowtorch?) or even have an air receiver that is pumped up by an engine driven compressor and then released into the engine via a solenoid valve?

As long as you can get the right enrichment on demand (and the engine is up to the pressures) then why wouldn't the above be feasible?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Mickey Thompson tried the compressed air route in the 60's and the Oxygen approach.

Big compressed gas cylinders strapped on and lots of melted pistons with the o2. He didn't stay with the project too long, weight, lack of performance ect.

The Nitrous systems were developed in WW2 by Daimler powered ME109's and later (60's) on Unlimited Hydroplane adapting the technology to the Rolls Merlin. Followed by the street rod popularization in the 70's and as they say the rest is history, with Nitrous being refined in the Pro-Mod camps and in the ricer crowd.