• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 teaser over at stanceworks

323IJOE

Beautiful. I just built a set of RS's in 15x7 and 15x7.5 and looking at this makes me kick myself for not having had the balls to go with a 7.5 and an 8.0 which is what those are. Man that looks nice. Can't wait to see the full video...

'73 2002tii Fjord

'02 M3 Convertible Jet Back/ Imola

Thanks guys - Another friend and fellow 02er was supposed to be in the shoot for a double-2002 piece but unfortunately on the day of the shoot there was some bad luck and it wasn't to be.

Beautiful. I just built a set of RS's in 15x7 and 15x7.5 and looking at this makes me kick myself for not having had the balls to go with a 7.5 and an 8.0 which is what those are. Man that looks nice. Can't wait to see the full video...

Looking forward to seeing your build kyalami! I'm running a 7" front, 8" rear btw but you were on the right track.

Also still trying to track down Mark or Marc who gave me the Italian turn signal. If anyone knows him - I'd love to get in touch!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

I've got to agree with flyingjolly on this one. Props to OzTom on the recognition and build, and the car looks absolutely fantastic. That said, 90% of the content Stanceworks brings is utterly ridiculous, and IMHO the whole thing smells a bit "douchey". To each his own i suppose.

i know i am, i'm sure i am...

Im still trying to figure why Stanceworks gets a bad rep. Mike and those guys are doing great things. Never understood the hate.

This is the first ive heard of people not liking the site, but O well I go over there just to see what other people are doing and for the variety of cars. I think its a pretty cool site.

but i can also agree that there is a bit of "douchieness" in some posts regarding questions if your not an established member but doesnt really bug me.

And yes, I cant wait to see the full feature of this car, and Tom was the other 02 supposed to be the agave 02 that there are pics floating around of with your car? that would have been an amazing double feature

don't get me wrong, i'm not dissing "stanceworks" or the people itself. They're great cars and the work is very good executed, i respect that. But as an engineer for chassis and axles and with a thourough motorsports background i just don't get the low rideheight and unbelievable camber they're doing.

I understand that some of those are airrides, but i still don't get it why you'd be driving around like that or how you coul find that attractive, though as said above i respect people whose opinion differs from mine.

i just googled oni camber and dear lord that is horrible. I agree that most of the stuff they are doing over there is really cool but i dont really get the whole super camber thing either, I really like the rims sitting proper maybe a slight tire strech and flush with the body or with a little poke.

don't get me wrong, i'm not dissing "stanceworks" or the people itself. They're great cars and the work is very good executed, i respect that. But as an engineer for chassis and axles and with a thourough motorsports background i just don't get the low rideheight and unbelievable camber they're doing.

I understand that some of those are airrides, but i still don't get it why you'd be driving around like that or how you coul find that attractive, though as said above i respect people whose opinion differs from mine.

The "slammed" look is a matter of taste, and for the people who like it ride quality and handling are secondary. In the local VW club where I live there is lively debate between the "slammed" car owners and the ones whose cars are set up to be driven. Generally it's good-natured ribbing, and the two camps get along fine. I think it's very entertaining. At one of the local shows they have a ride height contest, with the caveat that airbags aren't allowed, and only cars driven to the event at the ride height measured are eligible to win. An aircooled Beetle with 3/4" clearance won, and I have seen that car on the street at that height.

To each his own...

-Karl

'73 '02