• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New suspension pictures

I can't remember if I posted these already, so I'll just post anyways. I put IE stage 2s with Billy Sports and the IE front sway on my '72 over Christmas break.

Two before pics

7b6b0eb9.jpg

0b428cb1.jpg

IE sway vs. old sway

IMG_0494.jpg

IE sway installed

IMG_0500.jpg

Fronts

IMG_0498.jpg

Rears

IMG_0488.jpg

Shop dog

IMG_0487.jpg

Out with the old

IMG_0497.jpg

In with the new

IMG_0499.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the rear install. Here is a couple of how she sits now. Tucking the slightest amount of tire in the rear.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

And a random edited shot to top things off

72e6050a.jpg

Sorry for the low quality iPhone pics. I am going to try to take some good ones with my new camera this weekend.

Sweeeeeet! How do you like the ride? I'm still knee deep in the resto, but I either want to

1. do that same set up

2. or stage 1 and hd's

3. or stage 2 and hd's....

Any thoughts on that? I may want to try her on the track in the future, a little, and worry that the stage 1 and hd's might be too soft...

Nice looking ride!

-Stephen

Very cool. Thanks for the info. I wonder what the stage 2's would be like with HD's instead of Sports? I have both with me and can't feel a difference when I compress them as quickly as possible...of course the car weighs a little more than me...ha!

I'm not sure what that would be like. I have always heard that it's better to run Sports with more aggressive springs. Yeah when I took my HDs off I could compress them by hand. They were shot. I could also compress the old springs a little with my weight.

Austinmf: I think that is the size I'm running. I'll try to take more pics this weekend after I wash her. I'll post them up when I do.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I run the equivalent of Stage 2's (Korman Race Springs) on HD's and it's not too bad. Just dont hit a bump with the front cause it slams the shock pretty good.... Other than that the rides not horrible.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2