• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kudos to Ben Y, Eastsidebimmer.

PaulTWinterton

Ben sold me some wheels and I'd like to give him some praise.

I live in Vancouver, Canada, and he's in Indianapolis. He organized, packed, and shipped a set of (Western) wheels to me.

Great communication, packaging and follow through. The wheels look as advertised, and the price was good.

I'd buy from Ben again, if I needed anything he has for sale.

cheers Ben,

Paul Winterton

73 Inca Tii #2762958

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Thank you Paul, you asked great questions, were super easy to work with and I was delighted to find them a good home just north of the border. Looking forward to seeing pictures when the transformation is complete! Proceeds from the sale go to my 68's restoration fund.

And now for a top tip. Uhaul sells a 15x15x48 box that is designed to ship a set of golf clubs. This box can be cut down to ~30 inches for the shipment of 4 (13" or 14") wheels together in one ~60lb box. (not considered oversize on weight or height) Double cardboard between the wheels and plenty of packing material in the sides and corners will get the job done.

nbyotx.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

Thank you Paul, you asked great questions, were super easy to work with and I was delighted to find them a good home just north of the border. Looking forward to seeing pictures when the transformation is complete! Proceeds from the sale go to my 68's restoration fund.

And now for a top tip. Uhaul sells a 15x15x48 box that is designed to ship a set of golf clubs. This box can be cut down to ~30 inches for the shipment of 4 (13" or 14") wheels together in one ~60lb box. (not considered oversize on weight or height) Double cardboard between the wheels and plenty of packing material in the sides and corners will get the job done.

nbyotx.jpg

Very good to know, Thanks for that information. It cost me a small fortune to send a set of BBS wheels out west last year via FedEx.

TB

1974 2002 Chamonix

1974 2002 Tii

1975 2002 Polaris

1985 535i Diamantschwarz

Final Installment:

Took Ben's wheels to a wheel painter for priming, painting, and clearcoat. Then over to a polisher that runs the wheels on a lathe.

The result is truly awesome! Can't wait to see them on the Inca Tii.

Cheers,

Paul

Vancouver, Canada

73 Inca Tii, 2762958

14o0uc1.jpg

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I get confused every time the tire topic comes up. It seems that there is no perfect tire size without some rubbing somewhere.

So... I'm sticking with the skinny 165x13 tires as the car was delivered with in 1973. When these tires wear out, I'll revisit the idea of 175 or 185 width.

I'm hoping to have the wheels on the car today and take some pictures.

cheers,

Paul

73 Inka Tii #2762958