• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

240sx suspension on 02??

dumpedDAILY

Just curious. My fellow E46 M buddy read in a Bimmer mag that the suspension off a 240sx to put on an 02. I was shocked when he said it was a drop in fitment. Supposedly the 240 suspension design was based on the 02. I thought that was weird. I don't know if my buddy knows all he read but it's worth a shot asking if it works. Thanks!

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

Designed after, definitely not. Bolt in, absolutely not. Fab it in, possibly. It's not too dissimilar to an '02 setup, same with hundreds of other cars.

Google is your friend and can answer many questions with a simple picture.

suspenfull.jpg

No, that was the 510- they both followed Triumph's

(questionable) lead...

...and if you compare the 240 ti the E36, there are a lot

of similarities, too.

Wonder what part's supposed to bolt in?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Lol the wheels. Well I was curious as to what my buddy was talking about. I didn't even bother to compare the cars. If it did work, it would have made me really happy haha.

NEED HELP WITH WEB STUFF!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Bern

"If ur not scraping, ur not low enough" dumpedDAILY

--------

02 BMW M3 SMG - R.I.P.

99 BMW 540it - Wife's car

73 BMW 2002 - SR2002

08 BMW X5 4.8i - Wife/family car

Years ago I had the brilliant idea of putting a 2002 body on a S13 240SX chassis and running RB26 power. Unfortunately, Im a master fabricator only in my dreams. But while doing research on the S13 chassis, I found that the cars wheelbase, width and length are almost identical to a 2002. They're only a few millimeters apart.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Your buddy is stalking about rob daehn's ratrod 2002 from eurotuner. The suspension did come off a 240 but I believe it was just the a arms and they had to be bent to fit. The article should be on their website somewhere but it definitely was not a drop in, alot of custom work was done to the car

• 1 month later...
Years ago I had the brilliant idea of putting a 2002 body on a S13 240SX chassis and running RB26 power. Unfortunately, Im a master fabricator only in my dreams. But while doing research on the S13 chassis, I found that the cars wheelbase, width and length are almost identical to a 2002. They're only a few millimeters apart.

Did you ever get close enough to compairing the mounting holes on the S13 suspension cradle to the body of the '02.

I am considering the same conversion now.

SR2002 Project

O==00==O

------------------

• 9 months later...