• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002FAQ YouTube "Fix It Channel"? Please??

johns1974

Hamada and his door brake issue made me think of this...

How about creating a 2002FAQ YouTube channel where newbies (like me!) can watch real wrenchers fix common (or not so common) problems?

How cool would it be to watch someone change out a windshield or rear glass?

How about watching someone set the jetting on a carb?

Installing a Pertronix?

A brake job/upgrade?

Lube/Replace a speedo cable?

Inspect/change a guibo?

Install sway bars?

Install Esty's carpet kit?

Trunk mount a battery?

Change a thermostat including burping the bubbles?

Change a head gasket?

Install an electric fan?

Console mods?

Dash replacement?

Turn signal upgrades?

etc etc etc etc etc etc.....

If I had any of these skills I'd be all over this, but I'd have to be just be a viewer. Every 2002 owner wants to do a bunch of the work themselves but many are just intimidated/scared of f'ing things up.

As awesome as this board is, a video explains things much better than the written word for many things.

Is a YouTube channel possible? I'd even be willing to kick in a few bucks if that would help! Someone must be able to make my dream come true.... The regular contributors to this board are some of the best teachers I have ever "met"!!

'74 2002 (Non-Op)

'74 2002 (Good to go)

My advice would be to go to someone's house and watch/learn/assist with whatever they are working on. This could be a bike, lawnmower, boat, truck and even a 2002. This is how I learned how to work on cars. My next door neighbors were always wrenching on something.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'll pull out the Flip video as soon as I get my parts in and start on my brake upgrades. That way if I do it right, others can know how to do it. If I do it wrong, others can see where I went wrong and help and not do as i did!

I like the idea. Even if they were just you-tube hyper links, a picture is a thousand words.

I'd be down with that! I'm down with that. I'll be doing my rear subframe bushings soon....

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I'll pull out the Flip video as soon as I get my parts in and start on my brake upgrades. That way if I do it right, others can know how to do it. If I do it wrong, others can see where I went wrong and help and not do as i did!

I like the idea. Even if they were just you-tube hyper links, a picture is a thousand words.

This would be great to see!

I'd be down with that! I'm down with that. I'll be doing my rear subframe bushings soon....

This too!

Please bring the camera along and feel free to speak about and point out other things you notice or are on your to do list. Thanks!!

'74 2002 (Non-Op)

'74 2002 (Good to go)

I've got my rear suspension bushing how to about 3/4 of the way done! Should have it uploaded on Wednesday!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I love that this idea might be gaining a little traction!

So is it possible to come up with a specific channel on you tube where all these can be housed in one place? It would be a pain in the ass to have to search all over you tube and sift through all the 2002 vids to get to this specific collection.

This is awesome... Thanks to all!

'74 2002 (Non-Op)

'74 2002 (Good to go)

• 1 month later...
I love that this idea might be gaining a little traction!

So is it possible to come up with a specific channel on you tube where all these can be housed in one place? It would be a pain in the ass to have to search all over you tube and sift through all the 2002 vids to get to this specific collection.

This is awesome... Thanks to all!

The best way to organize it is have one person in charge. Maybe even make a pinned thread announcing who that person is. Submit your video(s) to that person and they upload it to the channel. It could be a good thing, or sort of bunk. I think it would have to be a person who is very knowledgeable about our cars/wrenching so that they could "proof read" the videos before posting them. If every single video gets posted the good content could get lost in the mess if you know what I mean.

If there is some sort of pinned thread there could also be a list, just like the FAQ of links to those videos. So you just search through the thread for the link to "How to Get Rid of that Fuel Smell" (just for example). Organization and quality content are key to making this a success.