• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tan Koenig Seats (SOLD)

akfjord

Here's a sweet pair of vintage Koenig (Konig) Seats. $600 for the pair.

They are about 10lbs lighter than 320is recaros and the deep bolster on these make them very supportive! The spacing between the bolster on the seat bottoms is tight... so be advised these may not be a good match for bigger guys.

I purchased them from a guy who had been using them in his 911, thus the 911 style seat belt receivers that are still attached to the rails. I had planned to dye these black or blue to match my interior, but I think they would be better used by someone as-is. These would look sweet with a tan interior.

When I bought them I scoured the net to find some info on these and to the best of my knowledge they are Koenig (Konig) Model 200. They were an aftermarket sport seats, similar to Scheel and Recaro's that were used in BMW's, and Porsche's.

They are tan in color with smooth vinyl bolsters and perforated centers. As you can see they are in great condition.

The only noticeable issues are:

1) the driver's side outer, upper bolster's and center seating area's color has faded differently. This is only noticeable if you are looking for it.

2) on the inside of the driver's side outer bolster there is a 1/2" cut and also a couple superficial scratch/scuffs.

3) a couple small hex shaped, thumb sized, dent/impressions on the lower outside bolsters. These issues are are visible in the last photo if you click on the link showing more photos of the seats. These dent/impressions may be able to be coaxed out with hair dryer and some massaging (hah).

$600 for the pair. Prefer to sell them locally. Thanks!

Photos of the seats here: http://gallery.me.com/blinklab#100138

Link to some info I found about these seats here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/351075-info-request-koenig-seats.html

post-16657-13667646298311_thumb.jpg

post-16657-13667646299801_thumb.jpg

post-16657-13667646301386_thumb.jpg

post-16657-13667646303184_thumb.jpg

I strongly recommend Koenig seats. I bought mine almost 30 years ago and the tan fabric (on mine) looked almost new while living under cheap seatcovers. I had them recovered 1.5 years ago to compliment my replacement car, replacing black Recaros. While they work fine, the Koenig seat adapters would be better if the seats were mounted an inch or so lower.

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

I strongly recommend Koenig seats. I bought mine almost 30 years ago and the tan fabric (on mine) looked almost new while living under cheap seatcovers. I had them recovered 1.5 years ago to compliment my replacement car, replacing black Recaros. While they work fine, the Koenig seat adapters would be better if the seats were mounted an inch or so lower.

Bump. Just dropped the price to $675. And, thanks for the first hand recommendation Larry!

My wife has the same seats in her 2002...They are amazing..much better than the e21 Recaro's. our 1st drive was from Orlando to NC and they are amazing!

post-16657-1366764645133_thumb.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 1 month later...

Hi Lloyd,

Sorry these do not come with adapters. My understanding is recaro adapters will work but you may need to re-drill them or the seats to match the hole spacing front to back.

The side to side bolt spacing on these seats is 405mm -- same as Scheels/ASS and most Recaros -- but the front to back bolt spacing may be different spacing than the Recaro adapters. Sorry I don't have any recaro adapters to compare to the seats.

btw. Jason (eurotrash) is designing some seats adapters for scheels. Perhaps these will work. The other option that would be fairly simple is to drill and tap the bottom of the seats to match the spacing of recaro adapters. There is a beefy metal plate on the bottom of the seats that would allow for this.

Edit: according to gbare02 the recaro adapters work with no modifications.

You're welcome to come by and check them out... just let me know.

Would you consider shipping?

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

My wife used e21 Recaro rails on her Konig seats shown above in black, with no modifications needed..

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Does these seats have anything in common with the eponymous tuner?

Yeah, same company. They changed their name at some point from Koenig to konig. They were a very established euro Aftermarket brand in the 80's. Especially with the Benz's. They still make a full line of seats and wheels. Much more popular in Europe than the states.

Would you consider shipping?

I prefer to do a local sale to avoid the hassle of shipping.

There are currently two local buyers interested, and one other person from the east coast emailed about shipping. If the local buyers drop out, I'll definitely keep you posted. Thanks!

Thanks for the interest. Here's the list of local people who have expressed interest so far.

1) Lloyd - 02Coastie

2) Joshua - VonTrapp

3) Mal - NoMalt

I'll give Lloyd a day to respond and if so, they are his. Assuming that he passes, I'll work my way down the list.

Thanks Guys!