• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat belt tang holder

Is there anything oem on the 2002 that should hold the seat belt tang up so i dont need to crawl each time i want to buckle up ?

thanks.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Yes, there are brackets that snap over the belt, as well as stop buttons.

any pictures/source ?

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

what do i need, both ? i was expecting to find something like in my E46 wich is like a big plastic rivet punched right thru the belt. the large clip thing like Tilux sells is actualy very anoying.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

what do i need, both ? i was expecting to find something like in my E46 wich is like a big plastic rivet punched right thru the belt. the large clip thing like Tilux sells is actualy very anoying.
it seems like the E30 button that bluedevils is talking about is analogous to the plastic rivet you're describing, Pat. Personally, I like the original BMW Teile clip-type, it's only fallen off once in the year or so since I installed it. Thankfully it fell to the floor of the car and not outside. Also, they're cheap enough to buy an extra one of two to keep in the spares box if it does indeed get lost or crunched while closing door.

rivet=button in BMW lingo. No, you don't need both. email your address and will send you a pair of buttons, you pay me later. to install buttons use your soldering gun with clean tip to melt a small guiding hole, otherwise webbing may fray especially since you are still using 40 years of webbing in your cars and don't want to reweb, they are probably as stiff as a rock....no pun intended.