• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door lock plastic parts (buffer) available from Germany

Luis

I have an update. I just received an email from Sascha. Here's what he had to say:

"I could get the smaller pieces within 2 weeks I think.

Prices are the following:

If you take all 32 larger ones I have they are € 31,-- per piece.

By taking 30 of the small ones they are € 15,-- per piece.

The complete price includes shipping to you."

We currently have the following orders:

Mike B: 4 large

Rev Bubba: 4 large

Tisalover: 4 large

Alpina 02: 4 large, 4 small

Rey: 8 large 8 small

Luis: 4 large, 4 small

Tom Jones: 8 large, 8 small

Total: 36 large and 24 small.

NATE: are you in?

Not sure what the price will be for the small ones since we are not at 30 as he stipulated.

I'll let this post simmer until Sunday night and at that time I'll firm up to him what I have so far and freeze the final pricing. After I hear from him on final pricing I will have to collect from everyone here on Paypal in advance. I will then Paypal him once he tells me he has all the parts and is ready to ship.

Any suggestions or other changes to the order?

Luis

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FINAL PRICING: Funds due.

I just received the final quote from Sascha for the 40 large buffers and 24 small ones, which is allocated as follows:

Mike B: 4 large

Rev Bubba: 4 large

Tisalover: 4 large

Alpina 02: 4 large, 4 small

Rey: 8 large 8 small

Luis: 4 large, 4 small

Tom Jones: 8 large, 8 small

Moebiius: 4 large

The final pricing including shipping of all buffers from Germany to me is 30 Euro and 15 Euro, for each large and small buffer, respectively. I will be paying him via Paypal. The current Euro-Dollar exchange rate on PP makes the price of a large buffer $42.44 and a small one $21.22. Do the math for your items and PP me your total. Mark it as a personal payment and take the funds from your PP account or your bank account and neither of us will be charged fees. My PP account email is arisso AT wi dot rr dot com

As I receive each of your PP payments I will post here for all to see. Once I have all the money in my Paypal account, I'll transfer it to him and post a screen shot of the transaction for all to see. Since the final Euro-Dollar amount will likely be different, we will have to have a final settlement including my cost of postage to you, which should be small given the size and weight.

Did I miss anything? Any questions? If not, let's roll before the Euro further runs away from us...

Luis

Thank Mike, BUT!!!

IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEND ME FUNDS IN DOLLARS, NOT EUROS.

If you send me Euros they get converted to dollars when I receive them at an unfavorable rate. I have no choice in the matter. Paypal (and banks) will do that. i can't receive Euros and keep them as Euros in a Paypal or bank account, so I just received Euros from Mike at 1.34 dollars per Euro but I would have to buy Euros at 1.41 dollars each. Not good. Just send me dollars at the fixed rate I posted above and then we will settle after the fact with the exact rate I end up paying.

BOTTOM LINE: PAYPAL ME DOLLARS NOT EUROS.

Thanks!!

Luis

OK, here we go. This is how foreign exchange traders make money. You bought 120 Euros and paid 1.41, or $169. I receive 120 EUROS, which then gets converted at a sell rate of 1.34, so I receive $163. NOT the buy rate of 1.41. that's their spread. If you go to the airport and buy Euros at the window and then get back in the line and sell them back to them, that's what happens. This is what happened here. You can't send a foreign currency and receive it and KEEP it as a foreign currency, it gets converted every step of the way.

I did make a mistake when refunding them to you because Paypal just did the whole thing again. I thought a refund would be a refund just like when doing dollars, where they don't nick you for any amount. I will put in a complaint and see if I get refund of the fees.

Luis

$510 sent. It came to $509.28 and I rounded it up.

Thank You Very Much for doing this Group Buy.

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

All good so far. Received :

Mike_B

Tom Jones

Ken P.

Ken, I will order the 4 small ones for you, worst case we need to wait a bit longer for the whole order to ship.

C'mon guys, don't dilly dally, spring is around the corner and I (we?) need these parts ASAP.

Luis

Thanks Luis, I appreciate it! I was hesitant at first, but I know that no one else is gonna make the stuff...well, maybe my uncle, once I get a hold of these, I'm gonna try to have him replicate them. He owns a machine shop. Maybe be able to make the smaller ones out of delrin so they'll last longer? Don't know about the bigger ones, gotta see what the material is?

There's been a prior thread (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,352135/) establishing the need of these NLA door parts that are exclusive to the NK.

These are also used on the early '02s, specifically the '66 and '67 1600-2s up to the end of 8/67 production. 9/67 and later cars used the "normal" 02 latches. The same applies to the keys, my '66-67 1600-2s all use the earlier NK "X" profile keys.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,298355/highlight,keys/

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20