• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Shop in DC/NoVA/MD?

ClayW

I need to find a reasonably-priced shop to install a headliner in my 1600 in the DC area. So far, Sure Fit in VA wants $550. At this point, I'd kind of prefer just to pay someone to do it, but I was thinking that the labor should be a lot less than $550.

Any suggestions?

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Guest Anonymous

To properly install headliner front nd rear windscreens must be removed and reinstalled, I would bet that is where that price comes from.

I can confidently recommend Smith Upholstery and Auto Glass in Baltimore whom I have used successfully for 35 years. Latest work was a custom headliner for my 98 M3. The job was done to perfection, and far exceeded the original.

http://www.smithautoglass.com/home.nxg

Dave in Baltimore

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

Clay,

Can't be that hard right? Remove all glass, rip out the old one making sure not to mess up the bars or the little plastic inserts and then slowly and methodically install the new one. I'm doing mine over the summer once I get it all painted, I will be using the binder clip method and just working very slowly. I guess it comes down to how much your time is worth and what you may find under the original liner.

Chris

Well Clay and I already did this headliner game once... And it actually wasn't all that difficult. It just takes time and patience.

IF you have new(ish) seal for your front and rear glass, and you wait the proper 2 days (or whatever the glue says to wait) before you pull off the binder clips, you will be fine.

The only fidley bit is above the back window where that vent piece is located and above the front window where the mirror is located.

Chris, if you need some binder clips, let me know.

J Swift
Global Formula Racing (Oregon State University)

1972 Opel GT "Mae"