• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have to hand it to you guys up North

nbristow01

For a very long time I used to restore and flip antique clocks. Some very very high dollar ones. I used to yank the movements apart to rebuild, bush etc. What I learned when doing this is how many fine craftsmen we have up in the snow belt. I used to have guys do all my gear and pinion cutting, re-pivots on pocket watch gears etc. This one guy could do incredible engraving like I have never seen before.

The reason being (I was told by many) is the winters are so cold and long that there is really not much else to do in down time.

But I still don't see how you guys can hang tough in that cold ass stuff.

I turn into a big p%$sy when it gets below 60

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

-16 dergees in New York Country this AM. Went to Home Depot midday to pick up a wheelbarrow wheel and the guy said I was the only one who came into the "outdoor section" so far. I smiled and went for a 6 mile run and sweated my ass off. Good times w/o the o2..

dlm ny country

post-17424-13667636931939_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous
Another post that has nothing to do with 2002's.

Neither did your response

Does that somehow make your post relevant?

Consider posting in the "off topic" forum.

And either will my reply, but as a fellow Horologist and NAWCC member we can get it back on topic.

Compared to replacing the balance staff in Illinois 23J 60 Hour Bunn Special or re-bushing a Model 2 Seth Thomas, Tii clocks should be a piece of cake for you to service and repair.

So it is relevant topic after all.

Guest Anonymous

Nice save. Two weekends ago I just finished replacing an escapement on a S.Thomas 30 hour ogee. But that has as much to do with 02's or tii clocks, as the original post. Sorry, but it really is off topic.

I live up north, work for a big clock company and own a 2002.

There, that makes it officially on topic. And we had a sample maker named Eddie.

I do the woodworking at a related facility and know nothing of the movement parts however. Group hug anyone?

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is

And either will my reply, but as a fellow Horologist and NAWCC member we can get it back on topic.

Compared to replacing the balance staff in Illinois 23J 60 Hour Bunn Special or re-bushing a Model 2 Seth Thomas, Tii clocks should be a piece of cake for you to service and repair.

So it is relevant topic after all.

I was a member of NAWCC for years. Several guys had 2002's. I had the opportunity to rebuild several triple Fusee movements for one of them. All I can say is thank goodness for digital cameras. They all had very nice 02's LOL

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

How you doing Dan.

How's things down in the big city. You deep or just city slush.

Boy, things have sure changed on the FAQ since i've been gone a while eh?

Been reading old threads for a while and it seems like everybodys ready to kill.

Good to see yer still on the board.

Guest Anonymous

An immature reply that proves there is no reason to have an off-topic forum.

Mr. Pentwater

Do you have any extra lake effect snow to share?

I am suffering from a serious disease called e30itis. I can almost count how many we have in the fold.

So the 2002 sits behind a stable of 20 year new cars that demand routine maintenance.

Ahlem

'76 2002

'90 M3

'90 535i 5 speed

'89 325is '91 318is

'87 325is